sad shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
Yosemite waterfall deaths: 3 hikers swept over falls, presumed dead
July 20, 2011 | 11:10 am

Three hikers who fell over a popular Yosemite waterfall are presumed dead, park officials said late Wednesday morning.

Hormiz David, 22, of Modesto, Ninos Yacoub, 27, of Turlock and Ramina Badal, 21, of Modesto were on a day trip to Yosemite National Park with friends and family Tuesday afternoon when they climbed over a metal guardrail at the top of Vernal Falls near Curry Village in Yosemite Valley, park officials said.

Witnesses told rangers that several people urged the group to get out of the cold, fast-moving water, but the three were swept over the 317-foot falls.

A search-and-rescue effort lasted until Wednesday morning. Park officials said teams would continue to scour the Merced River for the victims.

The trail leading up to the falls, the Mist Trail, has been reopened after it was closed during the initial search.

There have been six water-related deaths in Yosemite this year, including the latest incident, park officials said.

Two hikers drowned in the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir on June 29, and a hiker slipped and fell into the Merced River on the Mist Trail on May 13.
Officials said there were several recorded cases of visitors going over Vernal Falls and other waterfalls in the park.

Because of a larger-than-normal snowpack this winter, rivers and streams in Yosemite and Central California have been especially dangerous in recent months.

Park officials urged visitors to exercise caution when near the park’s waterways. Vernal Falls is one of the park’s most popular attractions, with about 1,500 visitors making the hike to the top of the waterfall each day.

(i knew 2 of the people that went over, it would mean alot if you guys can toss in a prayer for the families)

im still hopin they find them alive, but thats a stretch

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
must be the heat

i mean im not defending their stupidity

but in the end they were people i knew, and its sad to see their families in distress

Aug 14, 2009
Fillmoe
i aint gon even lie. i laughed when them muthafuckas got stuck on that rock and fell off that waterfall on worldstar. i mean shit,its fucked up but damn, they must of had 100 people watching them.. im just thinking to myself,what type of dumb ass nigga climb a waterfall to begin with? nigga u aint bear griles

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
i aint gon even lie. i laughed when them muthafuckas got stuck on that rock and fell off that waterfall on worldstar. i mean shit,its fucked up but damn, they must of had 100 people watching them.. im just thinking to myself, what type of dumb ass nigga climb a waterfall to begin with? nigga u aint bear griles

oh yeah, shout out to nuttkase for the quote in the sig.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
just some more idiots added to the darwin awards. there's a sign warning you not to do it, people are yelling at you not to do it. it's big ass fuckin' waterfall. "hey let's do this anyway"

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
just some more idiots added to the darwin awards. there's a sign warning you not to do it, people are yelling at you not to do it. it's big ass fuckin' waterfall. "hey let's do this anyway"
atleast they could afford a trip to yosemite without a handout

anyway, R.I.P. to Ramina Badal and Ninos Yaucob

both were great people, but just made a stupid mistake

guess they tried to save the first guy, second goes in and over, and the girl follows...pretty stupid but sad nonetheless