S.A.D INTERVIEW IN SOUTHWESTBOUND

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 9, 2006
YO, ANYBODY READ THIS INTERVIEW ON S.A.D IN THE NEW SOUTHWESTBOUND MAGAZINE?
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO AINT, HERE YOU GO!

Interview by:John "Dough" Teiks

SWB: I been hearing a big buzz around your name commin' outta southern California, let the rest of the country know a lil about you.

S.A.D: I'm 22 signrd to Money Hungry ENT. raised in both San Diego and Santa cruz so I got the whole state of California on my back.

SWB: Tell us how you managed to get lyrical respect from both the black and brown sides of the rap communtiys.

S.A.D: I been at this rap shit for a minute now and i always knew limiting yourself to one certain audience can afeect your sales and fans.So i didnt want to be put in the catergory of "chicano rap". I was familiar with it and some of it was alright, but spanglish was'nt that appealing to me. Down in San Diego i had a friend named I-ROCC, in middle school we realized that we shared the same interest and taste in music, while everyone else was bumpin mainstream and whatever else was on the radio, we preffered the underground, C-BO, KILLA TAY, 3X KRAZY, BLACK MARKET RECORDS to name a few. These were ill rappers to me. I respected they're skills and wanted to rap like them or better. I wasnt always a "good rapper" though, and nothin comes overnight, but I had ambition, so I had to grind. Start doin' collabs with other rappers in the city and make a name for myself. Many times people have told me " we cant notice your ethnicity when you rap" which is good for me in my carrer and what i want to accomplish.

SWB:Okay, you know we had to ask. Whats the deal with you and lil one?

S.A.D: What happened between me n lil dude was all bad biz. on his behalf. We did 2 group albums. Not comps or no shit like that,Group albums! later on I found out he had sold the publishing rights to lowprofile records. I had done a whole album with this cat and noticed his faultyness in time for me to call him and stop my record from commin' out. He agreed the album would remain untouched, then I hear one of my tracks on the radio, but instead of me its him rappin, some other shit was goin on this whole time and this chump didnt have the heart to face me. So now theres problems!Then I read his intrview in SWB mag. talkin bout he gots no beef and he kept my hooks. Nah homie imma tell you what it really is. He wants no beef, so its no trouble for him to stay home, shit he's been confined to his quarters his whole life! He started goig out, bein' in clubs when I was fuckin' wit him cause he knew i would square off wit any one if ever any funk. You "mr. 666" right? The self proclaimed best rapper in the city, untouchable, big "g" right? Fuck outta here! The best dont have to steal ideas and concepts1 His flow is weak, dated! And as far as the rest goes, fuck all that gangster talk he wouldnt be scared of a confrontation with me! So to me he aint a man, I've fought dudes he's been scared of right in front of his face so he wants nothing to do with my handds! He's a pussy! 32 yrs. old 4'11" tall ass bitch!

SWB: I got a chance to listen to your mixtape "warning shots", you have a wide variety of beats and stylrs on there........ what is the true S.A.D style?

S.A.D: Thats one thing about S.A.D, you never know what im gonna hit you wit, depending on how I feel the beat is how I attack it. I think theres always room for artist growth. I also believe sticking to one style can become a bore. Its easy for fans to grow tired of an artist and his projects if there is alot of repetitive shit on it. Thats how I feel anyway.

SWB:You have a lot of heavyhitters on your mixtape with you, from I-ROCC, Smigg Dirtee, C.G, to Queenie. How did you link up with all these guys?

S.A.D: Well like I said earlyer, me and I-Rocc go back as far as elementary. We was on some Money Hungry ARMY shit back in '98, he was helping me wit my flows back in high school. Smig Dirtee and C.G I've been knowin for years as well, it goes beyond the music wit them & me.These are my brothers from other mothers. This is my family. Down in South San Diego I fuck wit the homies from Nestor Gang.My homie Chino from Nestor is resl close to Queenie. He showed Q some of my tracks. Q immediately told chino to call me. I had already ran across Q a few times cause he was hosting a T.V show called CRUZN T.V outta L.A and was doin' coverage for some shows we had done. But we knew lil about each other. i went to Q's lab and ended knockin' out 3 joints that night.

SWB: When can we finally get the S.A.D album?

S.A.D: I'm working on my album right now. I'm not tryin' to rush this project though. I did the " Warning Shots" street album to give the people something until the real album came out.

SWB: What can we expect on it?

S.A.D: Good music, shit people can feel. I'm in the hood it's what I rep, the streets are mine so its gon' be a classic gangster record. Only thing is I'm gon' also have cuts on there that people who arent thug orientated can feel aswell. As far as the features go so far I got YUKMOUTH on there,KILLA TAY, C-BO, MESSY MARV, I-ROCC, SMIGG DIRTEE, AND C.G

SWB: We gotta wrap this up, any last words for our readers?

S.A.D: Yeah man Money Hungry is a ARMY, comming soon:
Smigg Dirtee " God Made Dirt chapter 2 verse 1
I-ROCC " Me Myself and Money"
The A Team " Double or Nothin'"
Catch me on those albums! and if you aint picked up a copy of " Warning Shots " go get it at siccness.net, you need that! Lookout for my artists Terms, Blaze, And S.paw (The Squad) on X-ECUTION STYLE RECORDS

May 25, 2005
See heres my problem, from what I heard I like S.A.D. Ive only heard him on featurings and shit, not the mixtape yet, but I like what I heard and would support and purchase an S.A.D album, so dont start the "your hatin" bullshit. Now with that said, I can understand him bein pissed off at Lil One. That was a weak move on Lil Ones part, but cut that talkin loud out. He fucked with Lil knowin "apparently" hes no g and hes a "pussy". As Lil One would say, "keep it clean" man. Now that he has problems with him, hes gonna start talkin shit he already knew before about Lil. Why wasnt this a problem before with S.A.D? Sayin his flow is dated, wtf? Lil One flipped so many styles over the last decade. Seein that S.A.D is only 22, that made him 12 when Lil Ones first album came out. Lil had time to grow as an artist and try knew shit, so there aint no proof that hes stealin ideas and concepts. The bottom line is we will never know the real story and hopefully this shit wont get out of hand and become more than a fist fight. S.A.D could easily be the future of Dago chicano rap and hopefully one day whether it be tomorrow, next year, or in a few years, they can fix this shit and continue to make dope music.

Jun 15, 2005
...i've posted on here before that Lil' has a history of selling the rights of songs/albums that he did in collaboration without consulting OR paying the other artists involved...

...dude will take a whole album, sell that shit to royal or murray for like 5 to 10 g's and never cut the other dude in...but wait you should be saying, "5 to 10 g's?" yeah, then royal and them turn around and flip that shit for who knows how many more times than that...

...yeah, lil has a history of this shit, but you would think he would figure a way out of his bad bizness...SAD took a chance, and he got fucked too...he's perfectly within his rights to have bad blood with lil and even put their bizness out on the street as long as he's willing to handle it...sounds like he wants to...