Rumor: Robert Rodriguez to Producer Predator Reboot?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2003
Rumor has it that 20th Century Fox is developing a Predator reboot with Robert Rodriguez and Troublemaker Studios in the producers chair. This according to Bloody Disgusting’s reliable sources, who also claim that the idea is for the film follow a team of commandos who must face a mysterious race of vicious monsters. That’s right, not just one Predator, but a whole group. That change alone is sure to cause fanboys to throw a hissy.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/01/29...redator-reboot/

May 4, 2002
Not a rumor. He's producing this.

Interview from AICN
1. Quite some time ago you created a treatment called PREDATORS, which was about Arnold's characters being shipped to the Predator home world where they were put into an alien menagerie.

Now that you're producing a PREDATOR movie, is there any hope that it'll be called PREDATORS and be based upon your original treatment? And if not, what direction are you taking this and does it have a title?
Robert Rodriguez: Way back before I did Desperado, I had taken a writing assignment for a sequel to Predator.

With a nod toward Cameron's ALIENS I decided to call it PREDATORS. I set it on a jungle-like Predator planet. It was just a writing assignment, so I didn't have to worry about budget constraints or how the movie would actually get made with the technology that existed back then, so I just wrote any cool thing I could come up with.

Fast forward 15 years to when I got a call from Alex Young over at Fox, who had been digging around and found my original treatment. He was eager to get it made and re-invent the Predator franchise using the treatment as a guide. So he contacted me to see if I'd be interested in being involved, and it seemed like the perfect project for us over at Troublemaker Studios.

I've built up an amazing team over the years at Troublemaker, and they're all huge PREDATOR fans. (I know this because Predator model kits litter our offices and workstations.) So the next stage is finding a writer and director to come in and work with us to bring it to life. Whether or not it will ultimately be based on the treatment or not is still unknown at this time.
2. The original John McTiernan PREDATOR is a brilliant action/ science fiction film. What is it that you're hoping to bring to fans of that film that will revive the franchise?
RR: PREDATOR is a masterpiece of the action/science fiction genre. Its been borrowed from so much in other movies and even video games (that will now probably be turned into movies themselves) that I liked the idea that we could have PREDATORS made relatively quickly. What I'd like to do with it is expand on ideas I dreamt up back in the original treatment, that had really expanded on the universe both the Predators and other species live in. We'd create new otherworldly characters while not taking away from the draw our main Predator has. I think another reason I called it Predators was to mark it as a project that should be taken seriously by a filmmaker to make a worthy follow up to a classic, much in the way Cameron made Aliens a compelling work on its own, following Ridley Scott's Alien.

Alex is passionate about re-inventing the series to a new and exciting level, and as a fan myself I'm all for it.
3. Will you work to get the Governor involved somehow in your new PREDATOR production?
RR: This is still the early stages, so we haven't approached him about taking part. As things develop further, we'll keep you posted, because this is obviously a fan favorite.
4. Are you going to make this a badass R-rated Predator movie?
RR: We haven't discussed rating yet, but my treatment was very “R.”
5. What is coming up next for you as director and is there any chance that you'd take the reins on PREDATORS?
RR: The idea is that I'd produce PREDATORS here at Troublemaker Studios, so that I can feel free to walk to the PREDATORS soundstage, pick up a camera and co-shoot the coolest scenes.

The most likely director for this is Nimrod Antal, who directed Vacancy and the upcoming Armored. There are still other directors up for this, so that might change in the future.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
question......if the ONE predator in tha original killed all but one of the "commando" how in tha hell is said commando supposed to kill more than one predator before they are all dead???

are they dilluting the predator's skills or something?? wtf

Nov 15, 2007
has rodriguez ever made a movie not rated r???? i know it will be r, im looking forward to this for one reason only... i love the predator, the series... anything to do with the predator... i even have a predator tattoo... so if we are ganna get another predator movie whatever the circumstances are im hyped...

Apr 25, 2002
Really?????

Adrien Brody to star in new take on "Predators"
Wed Oct 7, 2009 4:39am EDT Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page[-] Text [+]
By Borys Kit and Jay A. Fernandez

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Adrien Brody will star in "Robert Rodriguez's Predators," a reboot of the sci-fi franchise.

Topher Grace is in negotiations to join the action-adventure movie, to which Alice Braga ("I Am Legend"), Mahershalalhashbaz Ali ("The 4400"), Walt Goggins ("The Shield"), Rodriguez mainstay Danny Trejo and UFC fighter Oleg Taktarov have also been cast.

Nimrod Antal, who directed the Hungarian film "Kontroll," is at the helm of the 20th Century Fox movie. Rodriguez is producing with Elizabeth Avellan.

Written by Rodriguez, Alex Litvak and Michael Finch, the script follows a group of elite warrior types who are being hunted by members of a race of merciless alien trackers called Predators.

Brody plays a man who ends up inheriting the role of leader and is known as a hunter of men. Grace would play an accountant type whose unassuming facade masks a dangerous serial killer.

Braga is the tough female killer. Ali is a man not afraid to die, Goggins is the loose cannon of the group, and Taktarov is a former Russian special ops agent.

Trejo, already cast, is Cuchillo, a hardened warrior with twin uzis strapped to his back.

Shooting begins next month in Hawaii, then moves to moves to Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios in Austin. The movie is slated for a July 9, 2010, release.

Brody was last seen in Dario Argento's "Giallo" and next voices the character of Rickity in Wes Anderson's "The Fantastic Mr. Fox." Grace will next be seen in the ensemble romantic comedy "Valentine's Day."

(Editing by SheriLinden at Reuters)

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
So let me get this straight. There is a group of guys, consisting of a hunter of men, a serial killer, a female killer, a man not afraid to die, a loose cannon, a special ops agent, and a hardened warrior...

I lost interest in the movie just by reading this lol