Rock Bottom Records in Antioch closing down. All CDs on sale.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 29, 2006
925 Deep East Bay
This a lil late, but I just got word a few days ago that they're officially closing down shop after all these years. A damn shame, really. I've been buying CDs (tapes too) from there since back in the days. As a matter of fact, I bought my first tape and CD there! They always kept the local shit stocked up. But no more. Guess the internet really taking over shit. lol

All their brand new/sealed CDs ($9.99 and up) are 25%-50% off. And its 3 for $9.99 on all their used CDs.

I went in there the other day. Bought Sav It Out Vol. 4 (brand new) for $9.99. And they still got a lot of Sav It Out and Woodie shit, as well as other local stuff. Ya'll might wanna go check it out. Dude working there told me they'll be open until sometime in late August.

Just giving ya'll a heads up.

Nov 20, 2007
^^^ nice. That was tape only until he pressed some CDs.

Yea that fuckin sucks that it's closing up. Ricks coo as fuck too. But yea it will be official closed in August.

Mar 29, 2006
925 Deep East Bay
I used to have a demo copy of Yoc Influenced on CDR (with the East Co. Co. Records label printed on it) before the official tape came out. Only close friend's of his had it. Wish I still had that shit.

I'ma stop into Rock Bottom one last time prolly next week and see what good deals I can find.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Wow. Thats terrible. Im suprised theyve been open this long, like a lot of people Ive been buying tapes and cds there since I was a little kid...Ill have to go by before theyre all closed up for good. Damn shame. Would be cool if they had some real old posters or flyers they dug out, most of thay shit probably shook out when they moved stores.

Mar 29, 2006
925 Deep East Bay
Would be cool if they had some real old posters or flyers they dug out, most of thay shit probably shook out when they moved stores.
All the autographed artist pics are gone, unless Rick got them all put away somewhere. They do got a poster with all the known Bay Area artists faces on it, but I don't know if its for sale. Might be if you ask.

Sep 23, 2006
This a lil late, but I just got word a few days ago that they're officially closing down shop after all these years. A damn shame, really. I've been buying CDs (tapes too) from there since back in the days. As a matter of fact, I bought my first tape and CD there! They always kept the local shit stocked up. But no more. Guess the internet really taking over shit. lol

All their brand new/sealed CDs ($9.99 and up) are 25%-50% off. And its 3 for $9.99 on all their used CDs.

I went in there the other day. Bought Sav It Out Vol. 4 (brand new) for $9.99. And they still got a lot of Sav It Out and Woodie shit, as well as other local stuff. Ya'll might wanna go check it out. Dude working there told me they'll be open until sometime in late August.

Just giving ya'll a heads up.
Lots of memories walkin there from Park JR high, still got my OG yoc influenced tape... RIP Rock Bottom

May 1, 2002
All the autographed artist pics are gone, unless Rick got them all put away somewhere. They do got a poster with all the known Bay Area artists faces on it, but I don't know if its for sale. Might be if you ask.
its not, however a couple years ago a fellow siccness member is actually the originator of that poster. i tried searching that thread on the bart forum but no luck.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
I went by today. Not much really going on, no real good sales, or anything out of the ordinary on the shelves or on display, kinda disappointed to see them go out without much of a bang. Now its all just memories...

Aug 20, 2003
WENT THERE LAST SATURDAY. PICKED UP A FEW EAST CO CO RELEASES AND A IMP BACK IN THE DAYS CD IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR. BUT EVERYTHING IS MARKED UP TO 14.99 AND THEY GIVING YOU 3$ OFF THATS NOT ANY TYPE OF DEAL. BUT DUDE THAT WORKS THERE SAID THE LAST WEEK THE STORE IS OPEN THERE SHOULD BE A GOOD SALE GOING ON. IDK....