Rob Ryan to be named next head coach of the Raiders

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 29, 2003
It's hard to succeed when your head coach isn't getting along with the defensive coordinator r the owner... and this is causing bad chemistry int he locker room... if Kiffin is gone and the whole staff can come together and get along... maybe they can rally around Ryan and make somthin happen

I'm thinking firing this will isolate half of the team. Think about it, Al Davis is a defensive-minded guy, people tend to forget that especially non-raider fans who criticize the team. I'm thinking the isolation would come between the offensive and defensive players.

The defense works closely with Ryan all the time, therefore they probably have pretty good commeraderie. Kiffin works with the defence and the rest of the team, but he seems to have the respect of the majority of the guys in the locker room. He said it himself if anyone heard the interview, he was saying guys were calling him up and asking if he was getting fired and the players were upset. I still think Kiffin is the coach we need in moving the team forward, unfortunately Davis didn't like the fact that Kiffin wanted Rob Ryan gone....I'm thinking this is going to lead to his downfall as the head coach. That's also why there's no way Al Davis is giving Kiffin control of the team and staff because Ryan would be gone right away.....

If this does go ahead, it's gonna make for some interesting press conferences..............

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Dont let kiffin go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will come back to haunt us.......His dad is a legend and probably spills knowledge into his ear all the time....He can do nothing but get better (Lane Kiffin) that is...................Dont fire this man, we need stability.......I think the players like kiffin and stand behind him.....And like Makaveli 420 said this will isolate the team....Some players backing kiffin and some ryan....This will do nothing but fuck us up......Mike ditka said him and buddy ryan (Robs dad)Didnt get along and often got in shouting matches, but they one a super bowl toogether......Ditka also said after ryan left.....They both had little success.................

Apr 5, 2005
I like Kiffin. Al Davis needs to give his head coaches more control. Bob Ryan is a joke. His defense is a joke. Al Davis needs to hurry up and die. Cuz he's also a joke.

For as long as Al Davis is alive, the Raider's won't be any good.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
no be honest did he really make adjustments or was it the team you played?

I'm guessing it has more to do with team played than anything else.
No, we actually RAN THE BALL and PRESSURED THE QB...that wasn't a coincedence...we went after the QB.

Now, if we had any WRs that could play worth a shit, and our QB would pull his head out of his ass, we'd be a lot better.

Feb 22, 2006
i have noting against the raiders, but hasn't ryan been there for a long time and have lots of talent on the defense yet they still continue to struggle on defense why would they promote him. they supposedely have good lb's a good safety, two of the best corners and a decent dline right correct me if i'm wrong but they continue to not do so well on d. sure their offense is not great they lack recievers and have a shakey oline but i would think that the main problem would be firing coaches one after another, is a first year coach and a starting qb suppose to have a great first season.

on another note they look like they wanna run a hella of alot so why waste a #1 overall pick on a qb who supposedly has a great arm and not have him throw, they should have gotten a dline or OLINE player instead of a qb 2 yrs ago.
but what do i know

Apr 25, 2002
i have noting against the raiders, but hasn't ryan been there for a long time and have lots of talent on the defense yet they still continue to struggle on defense why would they promote him. they supposedely have good lb's a good safety, two of the best corners and a decent dline right correct me if i'm wrong but they continue to not do so well on d.
The talent has always been thin on the D-line since he's been here. The D will continue to underachieve until that gets addressed.

Apr 25, 2002
on another note they look like they wanna run a hella of alot so why waste a #1 overall pick on a qb who supposedly has a great arm and not have him throw, they should have gotten a dline or OLINE player instead of a qb 2 yrs ago.
The Raiders were not a running team when Russell was drafted. They developed into a running team last season because the zone blocking scheme had so much success.