RIP Fidel Castro

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
“It is with deep sorrow that I learned today of the death of Cuba’s longest serving President.

“Fidel Castro was a larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century. A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and healthcare of his island nation.

“While a controversial figure, both Mr. Castro’s supporters and detractors recognized his tremendous dedication and love for the Cuban people who had a deep and lasting affection for “el Comandante”.

“I know my father was very proud to call him a friend and I had the opportunity to meet Fidel when my father passed away. It was also a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother President Raúl Castro during my recent visit to Cuba.

“On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.”

Aug 5, 2009
rip to the late, great, legendary champion of the underdog, Fidel Castro

He passed away naturally, out living countless US presidents, surviving over 800 assassination attempts, numerous terrorists plots by the US government, from the downing of a Cuban civilian airliner to bio chemical attacks on cuban crops

He was a g from beginning to end, went out like a g, for real, for real, you've got to respect his gangsta, he even showed love to the great assasta shakur
when she was on the run from the being hated on by the US government in the 70s, he repped the Mozambique & Angola independence movements from the colonialists aswell, he was large in the game

Boop, boop, boop, 21 gunshot salute my brudda, big up

rip to the great Fidel castro

Nov 18, 2010
Communism has never existed in this world, due to selfish human beings. Capitalism on the other hand is real, and it's the thing that let's babies get raped for profit. But I guess that is right up your alley...
Get off your communist china high horse, it's easy to talk shit when you're not the proliteriat.

I dont know any factories in north america that got suicide nets installed on em like over there.

Cue the "Communism is good on paper" cliche ass response like anyone gives a fuck about a good idea that doesn't work in reality.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
Get off your communist china high horse, it's easy to talk shit when you're not the proliteriat.

I dont know any factories in north america that got suicide nets installed on em like over there.

Cue the "Communism is good on paper" cliche ass response like anyone gives a fuck about a good idea that doesn't work in reality.
Anybody who says "communism is good on paper" is a fucking idiot; Marx himself identified the need for all groups to work together in one organism. This organism needs a brain, so only one group can lead and make all decisions, hence communism requires a 1-party state. It's a fucking insult to democracy. That's why communism has brought nothing but despotism and oppression. Mao's China, Stalin's Russia, Castro's Cuba; there's no difference. Political dissent was swiftly crushed in all of them. While Stalin had Gulags, Castro had firing squads. It's laughable to see Western democratic leaders mourning this tyrant.

Capitalism clearly isn't perfect, but at least some people can succeed and make better lives for themselves if they have something to offer the free market, whether that be skill in the entertainment business, or a new invention. In communism, on the other hand, all people are brought down to the same level (aside from the corrupt leaders) and there's no insentive to excel. It's funny how no consumer-focused technological innovation came out of Soviet Russia.

Anyway, here's the "man of the people" hero sitting with Krushchev and wearing 2 Rolex watches.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005

China has nothing to do with Communism. China is 100% Capitalism. You don't have money? Hospitals will not treat you. You don't work? You don't get money! You don't have money? You starve to death. China is the opposite of Communism!

May 9, 2002
I dont pretend to know the life of Castro...like most we only know what the media told us. My understanding was he was a dictator, albiet not nearly as bad as the ones we have seen in the last 2 decades around the world, but a dictator none the less. Anytime you oppress people, its bad IMHO.

Agree with communism is great on paper, but it seems that anyone who tries to instill it, only uses it against the people and are dictators. But, again, the fuck do i know...titties.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Why? It's not like he's been doing anything good over the past 5 decades with how poor his concern for his people has been.

Whether or not you like him is irrelevant. He did a lot of great things for himself over his lifetime. He did a grip of bad things. He created a ruthless dictatorship. Stuck between two of the biggest world powers at the height of the cold war and helped those commie bastards in Russia. Devastating economic fall after the collapse of the Soviet Union and hard sanctions by the US, and still the island nation continued on in tremendous poverty but he likely just continued to take care of himself, often as a result of the struggle of the people. He outlasted 11 US presidents, numerous assassination plots. Fascinating life. Universally hated, except by commie sympathizers like myself.
I agree with everything you said man

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
I dont pretend to know the life of Castro...like most we only know what the media told us. My understanding was he was a dictator, albiet not nearly as bad as the ones we have seen in the last 2 decades around the world, but a dictator none the less. Anytime you oppress people, its bad IMHO.
I won't get into a large back and forth with people here simply because most people don't really care to hear from a Cuban perspective, but I'll say this .. it's amazing to me how an oppressed people can instantly dismiss other's oppression because one's oppressor didn't oppress them directly or said oppressor took their side because it was beneficial to them or for whatever reason.

If you don't feel like listening to that, one thing he says in there that stands out is "I don't want to hear about Hitler building bridges". If there's anything in your area with former Cuban political prisoners (or prisoners in general) just go and see what infraction they committed to have their lives completely ruined.

Castro, hero to the underdog, unless that underdog was his own Cuban people.

FYI, this wasn't directed @ Fucky McFuckerson just agreed with that part of your post.

Last edited: