Rey Mysterio and WWE In Dispute Over Contract

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 5, 2005
Rey Mysterio and WWE In Dispute Over Contract
07/21/2008

ProWrestling.net is reporting that WWE and Rey Mysterio are still going back and forth when it comes to his contract. He still has plenty of time left for something to be worked out, but reports say he wants considerably more than they are willing to pay. The feeling is that although the WWE understands his value, especially in the merchandise department, they think he is injury prone and want to make sure he's healthy. This is also why you haven't seen him back on Raw since his match with Santino as we reported here on the site. He hasn't completely recovered from his biceps surgery. However, he should return full-time sometime in August.

Dec 4, 2004
he hasnt been the same since the WCW days. he started using roids and now hes a lil pudgy guy and with the WWE style and their big ring he cant do what he used to.....

Feb 5, 2005
he hasnt been the same since the WCW days. hes a lil pudgy guy and with the WWE style and their big ring he cant do what he used to.....

TRU...

INJURIES & A LOT OF OTHER SHIT PROLLY TOOK IT'z TOLL ON HIM....

I WOULDNT MIND SEEING HIM HAVE A GO IN TNA....

MAYBE SUM YOUNGER/FAST PACED COMPETITION COULD CHANGE HIM AROUND A BIT...

I WANT TO SEE WHUT HE CAN DO NEXT MONTH WHEN HE FULLY RECOVER'z....

- GEEzUz

Nov 10, 2006
I WOULDNT MIND SEEING HIM HAVE A GO IN TNA

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he would like to go there himself for the lighter work schedule. However, he is so popular, I'd be surprised if WWE didn't eventually give him exactly what he wants.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I can understand where the WWE is coming from though, dude only works like 5 months a year, I haven't seen him go a full year since WCW in like 1997, even in WCW he was injury prone. He needs to come back and actually work more then a few months before he demands more.

Feb 8, 2003
I dont think wwe cares if he stays or goes, shit imo Shelton & Morrison are a bigger lost then him. Rey is basically done bc he too small to go full speed after a torn bicep. I bet he tear that shit again wrestling a big guy

Feb 5, 2005
They did that match twice on raw. Rey won the first and hbk won the sec. both Matches was shitty imo bc they styles are way different shawn works better matches with bigger guys
TRU DAT....

BUT NEITHER WERE IN THEY PRIME & I DONT KNO IF I'D COUNT THE MATCH REY WON...

IT WAZ ON THE TRIBUTE SHOW FOR EDDIE...

HBK WAZ TRYNA KEEP REY GROUNDED FOR MOST OF IT & IT WAZ HELLA BORING !

NEITHER TOOK THE KINDA CHANCE'z THEY WOULDA TOOK IN THE EARLY & MID 90's...

& IF IT'z MANIA HBK WOULDA PULL'D OUT ALL STOP'z & BROUGHT THE BEST OUT OF MYSTERIO !

I dont think wwe cares if he stays or goes, shit imo Shelton & Morrison are a bigger lost then him. Rey is basically done bc he too small to go full speed after a torn bicep. I bet he tear that shit again wrestling a big guy
I AGREE...

SHELTON'z MIC SKILL IZ WEAK BUT HE PROVED COUNTLESS TIME'z THAT HE'z A GREAT PERFORMER...

HIZ MATCH'z WIT HBK, KURT ANGLE, & CHRIS BENOIT WILL GO DOWN IN THE BOOK'z AZ CLASSIC...

REY SHOULD PROLLY CHILL FOR A MINUTE BEFORE HE END'z UP IN A WORSE SITUATION....

- GEEzUz