Review of Q-Strange's "Creation to ExeQtion"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 24, 2002
Creation to ExeQtion Track Listing:

1. Origin of Creation
2. Drifter
3. Bad Day
4. Illusion
5. Torcha Chamba
6. Pissed
7. Decayed Thoughts
8. I'm Crazy
9. Run and Hide
10. Kill Somebody
11. Morbid Lullabies
12. Awaiting ExeQtion
Bonus Tracks:
13. Sick Shit
14. Unmasked
15. Eternal Bliss
16. Herion

1. A very short track indeed, more or less an introduction to Q-Strange. Not bad, but it's short to this one a rating.

2. This track begins with the erie sounds of strings, bells, and off-key pianos, then Q-Strange begins to flow very slowly to a very hard knocking beat. With each verse he increases the speed of his flows, and ends yelling in a rage. Nice production on this track, although Q-Strange's flows were not up to calibur with the other songs on here. Overall I give this track a 4/5

3. Once again, an erie beginning to this track, but once the beat kicks in, you just want to move ya head up down. The beat on this song is off the hook, with excellent background effects, and several classical music instruments involved also in the background. His flow starts off a little weak, but once the beat starts, he begins to speed up his word play, and create a long list of odd words that seem to tangle themselves together nicely. This track is a 5/5.

4. Another erie song, but this one is a little more upbeat, and not as depressing. Even with that, his lyrics are absolutely horrific in this one, and I would have to say that he put the mic on fire on this track. Low part of this song is the chorus, but the verses obviously shine out on this track. Another very good and dark song. I give this one a 4/5

5. Odd beginning to this track, but it is understandable considering Q-Strange. The beat is pretty good with excellent background effects again. Lyrics once again are sick, dark, and disgusting, but unfortunately the chorus is weak. Good verses, but the chorus is just repetitive, and I don't seem to like it that much. Still, his verses are outstanding, so this song is not that bad at all. A good song, but a little bit more work on the chorus would increase my decision on this track. 3/5

6. He comes very hard and he sounds like he is pissed on this track. Bad part about it to me is that the beat is not that good, but its not that bad either. Not my favorite song on this CD, but its OK. 2/5

7. I really like the beginning of this song, and I love the beat. Good transition from an OK song to a very good one. Dark lyrics once again, and he rips it up on the mic. I love this song, and it is one of my favorites. What makes it not my favorite, is that he just comes off a little too slow paced for this type of beat. Good song though.. 5/5

8. Very weird track indeed, mostly because the chorus is odd(some guy is sing I'm Crazy from like what sounds like an old song. can't make out who it is though). Besides that, he literally lays the smack down with his lyrics. Excellent fast delivery, and words that make you shutter(Basically talk about torturing someone, and on and on). Beat is very good, and hard hitting as well. Very nice job done on this track. This has to be a 5/5.

9. Here comes another weird beginning. Beat is good, but unusual, and I don't like it that much. His flow is OK on this one, but it is not his best performance at all. Shoulda left this song out. 1/5

10. Uh, this is one of the siccest songs on this CD. He talks about killing his mother, father, friends, teachers, infact, anyone, even himself. Very, very hard lyrics, but yet at the same time, it seems to go very well with the beat, which is hard and dark with an organ playing in the background. This is my favorite song on the album by far. 5/5

11. Odd beginning again, and very sick lyrics once again also. Beat is good, but the background effects on this one could have been let go of. Interesting chorus, but it is not that good to me. Nice verses though, so it becomes a nice track overall. 3/5

12. Strange beginning with lots of vocals running through at the same time(Tick tick tick tick, words I cannot understand, and soft screaming). Once the beat kicks in, all of the vocies and everything comes together to form a very nice melody. And oh yeah, Q-Strange pops off some really nice disgusting lyrics as well. 4/5

13. A slow song, with a very good beat. Makes you just sit back and try to engulf all the horror lyrics he tries to deliver. He comes very tight on this track, and as the song goes on, he seems to get better. Sick shit is exactly what he brings to the table with this song. Good track. 4/5

14. Another weird beginning, but it is a very good song. Strong lyrics, and the beat thumps all the way through. He flows very fast on this one, and really shows how much talent he really has. I personally, would like to see him go this way a little bit more. Awesome song. 5/5

15. This song is very depressing. It goes through a story of a child who is thinking about commiting suicide.. eventually the kid does commit suicide by "..watching the blood flow down the drain.." Very good chorus, and unique wordplay in both the chorus and verses makes this song a very good quality song. Beat is strong, and it goes well with the message of the track. 5/5

16. This track starts off with a very good beat, and Q-Strange screws around with his voice on this one to make it a little bit lower. It goes well with the beat, and as the song goes on, you understand that this voice is heroin. Very good track to end the CD on. 4/5

Final Judgement: 4/5
Very good CD, and it showed me the talent that Q-Strange has in the underground. His lyrics resemble ones from such rock groups as Slayer and Cannibal Corpse and the like, and the beats are very unusual and unique to rap in general. I think he may be the best up and coming horrorcore rap artist, and I truthfully cannot wait for his next release. He will definately develop into a very sicc artist if he continues to come with heat, and nice production. On the note of production.. this album did lack a little bit of it on just one or two of the songs on here. I think that if he came a little harder on the beats, then this album would be crazy sicc shit.. unfortunately, its not.. but still its a very good album. I would recommend this, but this CD is not for everyone. Intense lyrics, and odd beats make this a very odd CD to buy. But if you a horrorcore fan and are looking to check out one of the best rising stars in that genre, listen no further than to this CD.

Oct 24, 2002
Naw..

He sounds very different from artists like Esham, Twizted, ICP and so on. Lyrics are very harsh, and the beats sound like they were taken from a horror movie(Organs, offkey strings, etc.). If ya want I can post like two MP3s of him on here and u can get a listen to him urself.

If you like horrorcore.. then I would suggest you take a listen to him.

Oct 24, 2002
Well you would have to order it from either www.qstrange.com or at the music store of www.horrorcore.com

You can preview some of his songs at http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/216/q_strange.html

LU Cipha is sweet too.. you can preview some of his at http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/79/lu_cipha.html

Sep 3, 2002
Lu cipha is tight thhey mad coo in person too as Is q strange I would suggest you order from redrummedia.com aka horrorcore.com or lucipha.com or qstrange.com Q has a new cd comin in novemeber as does Lu cipha LU isnt as horror and is more bout weed smokin q is more hiphop/ hardcore horror both are tight and better than anything thats out the lu cipha deadsly nightside isnt pro pressed there new on will be the q strange cd is pro pressed