Review of MARS- SCHOOL HOUSE GLOCK EXTRA CREDIT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 18, 2006
Mars - School House Glock Extra Credit edition (review)

Intro gives a glimpse into what the album is based around...school shootings. Mars received some press for being one of the artists that influenced the kid that did the Red Lake school shooting, although it did little to slow his music...infact the press actually was beneficial for his career and album sales.
"Shooting Spree" is a catchy song to start the album with and is generally a song about school shootings, Mars flow is smooth and the lyrics, while controversial, are tight and defintely creative. The production on this album is very smooth and almost remind me of some Los Angeles based beats, still fitting Mars style like a glove. If you haven't heard Mars before...his vocal style could take some getting used to, and could be compared to the I.C.P..
" Are you Scared" defintely is geared closer to the bay area rap fans, with Mars asking " Are you scared of me " and letting you in on who Mars really is.. The beat is really solid and consistent, this track would be good for a live show, the features on this track also provide great back up.
"Stalking " is a melodic song about...well, you guessed it..Stalking. Mars makes a stalker anthem and croons

"ooooh I been stalking you....when the clocks strikes 12,siihouette undressing...when ya resting I wanna fuck you with my smith n wesson...ooooh I been plottin tooo"

Mars vocal style.... while different to most, will win you over on tracks like this...and he didn't have to use autotune, if he did it wasnt horribly noticeable.
" Knock da Knock " a smooth jam featuring Miss Money blowing a almost perfect harmony over this beat...wow...a real professionally recorded feel emits from this song, doesn't sounded like it was recorded in a closet studio or otherwise, the only complaint on this song..its only 2:12 long and one of my favorites on the album.

"Girlfriend" is a remade beat with a Mad Insanity twist, this track slaps!! The intro is grizzly vicious and comedic, keeping the controversial feel flowing like blood at a slaughterhouse...play this one loud when your pissed and fighting with your wife/girlfriend and you'll be smiling in no time.
"Bloody Valentine" the singer is amazing, very good pitch and tune..and will have you thinking Mars did a love song at first...but let it keep playing and you'll receive a nice suprise...nice twist Mars.

"I'm so Ganxsta" is an upbeat track that will get ya party up and jumping off, real gangsta feel to it...Mars vocal style blends well with the beat, he unrolls his lyrics over it perfectly.
"Yous a freak" is another upbeat track, another good track for a live performance. The production on this album will keep you listening as you adjust to the Mad Insane rapping style if you not already a fan. His ability to ride the beat perfectly is displayed on tracks like this.

"On the creep" start with a deep pitched voice intro and Mars comes in and give you an image of Pittsburg, this one is most memorable due to Mars use of the "N word" , which I didn't expect from a Horrorcore album. Keepin it controversial as always, once again he pulls off a gangsta influenced track with a slight RnB feel to it.
" they say there ain't no heaven in the skyyyyyyy, crime is on the rise....
I pray I see the Devil when I diiiiiie
Murder- Suiciiiiiii-iiiiiide.."

"Put the knife" Mars let's you inside his mind, speaking on life's depression and trying to stay sane in todays world. The lyrics are some many can understand....basically lifes drama, but still keeps your head bobbing without being overly gloomy.
Overall a solid album put together with a bay area horrorcore rapping style, laced with a LA sounding music vibe to it,and the female vocalist that did Mars hooks and bridges was simply gold on the mic...Mars edgy and controversial lyrics are well placed and the cat can ride a beat like crazy..."Horrorcore" by itself wouldn't descirbe this album, and

While this album made my list of " albums to never play with the kids around" it also made my list of CD good to play at parties, or while fighting with your broad. The "fuck a bitch" angle of the album will have you ready to slap a bitch for trying to change the CD...I do not recommend playing this CD while drunk and angry, you could wake up in a padded cell in 4 point restraintS and looking like Mars (with the Hannibal mask on)
I do recommend buying this CD, just keep it away from the kids....
On second thought, buy it for your kids 12th birthday,along with a gram of coke and a glock 17 with 3 bodies on it....and then send em to school.

Overall 8.5 / 10

Support Mad Insanity, start a school shooting today!

Sep 1, 2004
www.madinsanity.com
We could probably count the number of black fans Mars has on two hands. hahaha....

I don't get offended by anything. At the same time though I am not black. Plus Mars is hispanic which I think depending on the person does make a difference. I know people I work with see shit like that.

Sep 16, 2008
lol @ u saying that. I can find at least 30 quotes of you taking shit way too serious.

Sids thread
La coka thread was the funniest
Many more, im just too lazy

Sep 1, 2004
www.madinsanity.com
WELL I'M A BLACK MAN AND A HUGE FAN OF MARS IT NEVER BOTHERED ME CAUSE HE NEVER USED IT RACIALLY EVEN Q-STRANGE SAYS NIGGA MORE NOW ALSO... IT'S JUST MUSIC/LIFE FUCK IT WE ALL NIGGERS!!
Word. It's just music. Honestly when rappers use the word nigga it's usually as an indirect word. Like saying "All my niggaz" or something like that. I havn't heard anything where it is really used to discriminate against someone that wasn't black on black. It's not like in person where if you say it you are obviously directing it at someone like "Hey nigga let's go rob that liquor store by 12th and Imperial" which can lead to someone getting upset. It's all based on the content of the situation in my opinion and the person you say it around.

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
Props Justin!
I honestly don't know why people would get mad over someone saying "nigga". You can tell if someone is using a word in a derogatory nature or not. People just want to get all high and mighty and cause trouble where no one is trying to cause trouble.