Review: Dividenz- "Hollow Point Lyrics"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
http://www.raptalk.net/reviews/index.php?id=81&category=5

DIVIDENZ-HOLLOW POINT LYRICS
Review by: Sixxness |
Dividenz-"Hollow Point Lyrics"
STREET LEVEL RECORDS
www.streetlevelrecords.com

1. Intro-Tight intro, kinda funny...8/10

2. It's All Official feat. Skuntdunanna- Tight medium paced hip-hop style beat by D-Sane and Skunt. Notes comes off filthy with the first verse, he is followed by Skunt who comes raw as usual, COLA finishes of the song with a sick ass verse. This is a filthy song and starts off the album on the right foot. 8/10

3. Too Much- Hard, commercial style beat, with a medium pace. COLA starts this song off with a real tight verse, Bullet follows and does his thing, and Notes finishes of the song with a heated ass verse. Jazz adds the singing in the back and on the chorus, which completes this song nicely. 10/10

4. Crooked Smile feat. Francci- This song has a real tight beat by Mike Wingo. More of a commercial sound to it, but it's still sick. Notes and COLA both come real sick on this song, talkin about shady ass characters. Francci drops song real nice vocals on this song, another heater! 10/10

5. Left Coast Rhymesayers feat. Mr. No Good- A real tight, layed back feel to the beat by Jeff Coast. Notes starts this song off with a real smooth verse that's full of heat, COLA is next on the track and he does his thing as usual (spittin fire), then Mr. No Good spits his versewhich is prett good. Notes and COLA drop a little more after that to add even more heat to this track. The chorus on this song is also fuckin sick. 10/10

6. Million $ Interlude- Tight interlude. Stack the Pimp introduces the next song. 8/10

7. Million $ Mouthpiece feat. Byrdie- Smooth, hip-hop style beat. Byrdie comes tight on this track as he usually does, he shows why he's on the song. Notes comes sick as he always does, nothin but heat. COLA comes tight on this track as well. Another slumper to add to the list. 9/10

8. Oh No- Tight, head bobbin beat, smooth/layed back. Notes spits heat on this song as he usually does and COLA comes filthy as well. The song is about Dividenz rockin the mic...Which they do well on this song. 10/10

9. Pull With Me feat. Wanz- Filthy hard hittin, chronic smokin beat laced by Mr. D-Sane. COLA comes with some real tight lyrics on this track. Notes comes with that heat as well. Wanz drops his vocals on this track which makes this one of the tightest weed smokin cuts I have heard in a LONG TIME! 10/10

10. So Damn Mackish feat. On One- Tight hip-hop/r&b feel to the beat. On One comes pretty tight on this song, I've never heard him before so for the first time, I'm rather impressed. COLA spits some filthy player shit and Notes spits some real tight shit as well. 8/10

11. Late 2 Rise feat. Crystal- Tight layed back beat, commercial sound. Notes comes real tight on this track, as does COLA. They kinda go back and forth spittin, talkin about kickin it late, and sleepin in, bein lazy. Crystal adds some nice vocals as well. I can feel this shit! 9/10

12. Ask Around feat. Cool Nutz- This song has a hard hittin commercial style beat, but it's raw. Everyone on this track rips it up. Notes, COLA, and Cool Nutz all drop heat on this track. 8/10

13. Hollow Point Lyrics- This beat is cooh, kind of a layed back beat with some a mobb feel. Notes drops heat on this track as usual, COLA comes filthy too, I'm not really feelin this beat to the fullest, so that takes away from the song. 6/10

14. Pump Ya Brakes feat. Crystal- This cut has an upbeat hip-hop style beat, pretty tight. COLA starts this song out with a tight verse, some real shit, the chorus is cooh, Crystal's singing is pretty tight. Notes comes after the chorus and spits some real chop. After the next chorus, COLA and Notes spit again, both comin tight once again. COLA and Notes both spit about two different people goin through two different fucked up situations...the last verse the two characters end up in the same situation (COLA & Notes spit 4 bar verses back to back to back,etc.)...and meetin up & endin up the same way. The end of this song is tight as well. 8/10

15. We Don't...- Hip-hop style beat, somethin you can definately bob your head to. Notes and COLA spit some sick verses on this track about smokin, drinkin, and females. I'm feelin this song, its got me bobbin my head while I listen to it. 9/10

16. Honest Criticism feat. Young Vicious & Crytical- Another slumpin beat laced by D-Sane. Notes comes real filthy on this track. COLA comes in after Notes and drops a savage ass verse. Young Vicious comes with some raw ass lyrics to add more heat to this track. Crytical finishes off this track with nothin' but THAT SHIT! This is one of my favorite songs on the album. 10/10

17. Watch What's Goin' On- This track has a funky hip-hop type beat. COLA and Notes both spit filthy ass verses on this track. At this point, it becomes obvious how well these two compliment eachother on tracks. 8/10

18. Stays Lookin' In feat. Syko- This is sick ass beat, laced by SYKO and D-SANE. Notes starts this track off with a dope verse, every time I hear his shit, it sounds better. Syko comes after the chorus and he spits his savage ass shit as usual. COLA finishes this track off with a real sick verse. So far, this is my favorite song on the album, this track is SICK! 10/10

19. Whenever feat. Chokolate- This song has an R&B style beat, medium paced. Notes and COLA both spit some real ass shit on this track. This is a perfect song for the end of the album. I am definately feelin' this track, some real shit. 10/10

Overall, this album is something that EVERYONE should pick up. This album has nothin but slumps on it, and some real ass shit. This album is full of sick ass cuts. This is one of the best debut albums to ever come out of the NW!

Rating: 9/10

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
Thanks for taking the time to do this great review.....

My pleasure, this album is one of my favorites out of my collection right now, and I can't see that changing. This album is filthy!

May 4, 2002
Mo-x thats one of my favorite lines on the whole cd.

also C.O.L.A on million dollar mouthpeice

"Million dollar mouthpeice, billion dollar bars, everytime saliva drip from my mouth you gettin charged"

DAK iller of Reflection

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
My favorite songs are:

(no order)
1. Stays Lookin' In feat. Syko
2. We Don't...
3. Left Coast Rhymesayers feat. Mr. No Good
4. Whenever

While I think the whole album is straight heat, these are my favorites...

May 2, 2002
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Good lookin on the review Sixxness. If ya'll ain't picked up the album yet, GO GET IT!! You won't be disappointed. You can grab it online, in stores, or off one of us in the streets for the playa price. A few dollars is nuthin to support NW hip hop. holla

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Notes said:
Good lookin on the review Sixxness.

No problemo.....It really was MY pleasure to review this album. I listen to it all the way through at least 2 times a day....:)

Apr 25, 2002
Notes said:
Good lookin on the review Sixxness. If ya'll ain't picked up the album yet, GO GET IT!! You won't be disappointed. You can grab it online, in stores, or off one of us in the streets for the playa price. A few dollars is nuthin to support NW hip hop. holla

Apr 14, 2003
yo is that the same On One that spits straight fire from the Kane Town? How yall hook up wit dude. Thats one of the hottest spitters.

also i havent heard the album but its first on my list to get. I play COLA's verse over and over on the song TOO MUCH becuz that was straight heat. damn im lovin it. that cat got ill flowz.