Respected Portrait Artists (tattoo)...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 4, 2003
I am considering getting a tattoo portrait and want to make sure I consider all my options. Of course everyone now knows of Kat Von D's work, but who else should I consider. The best I found so far is Bob Tyrell. In my opinion, he blows Kat's work out of the water (no disrespect to her, I just think his work is that great). Anyways, what other big names are out there...

Dec 2, 2005
Good Question.....Though I just noticed you're from LA...so please include all bay area artists as well please! hahaha

nah but im trynna get one too...of my moms college grad pic...back in those days portraits looked like paintings so it shouldnt be that hard for an experienced artist..

Apr 20, 2003
BayCal said:
Good Question.....Though I just noticed you're from LA...so please include all bay area artists as well please! hahaha

nah but im trynna get one too...of my moms college grad pic...back in those days portraits looked like paintings so it shouldnt be that hard for an experienced artist..
Thats what I'm sayin I want 2 get a tattoo portrait of my 2 daughters! I know there is a spot in Santa Clara I think called Da Wei tattoo but they charge alot for portrait tats....

May 14, 2006
jojo is hella tight. he used to be out of his house and shit. but he just bought tha ink spot in el sobrante. but ask for jojo. im tellen yah. he's been in tattoo books