Respect the Artist/Hate the music...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 26, 2004
Jus to add to my previous post, yes I do hate ICP. 1st seeing white boys having dreads with painted faces back in 1996/97 was weird enough, but running into juggalos made it worse

Sep 3, 2002
It made it worse for me that some of my favorite rappers: ESHAM, Tech n9ne, Dayton Family, Cold 187um jumped on their dick.

I kind of lost respect for them (but love their music i.e.- Calm before the storm, FBI, Dead Flowers, Legends etc.)

and like you gained respect for ICP -For the independent grind-----not the music.

Sep 3, 2002
I hate kid rocks music and his politics but dude seems cool as fuck.
I could see that as well.

I respect DJ Mustard but all his shit sounds the same.
I can't lie. I kinda liked YG's album and like what Mustard is doin with certain artists.

Lil B...Can't stand dude's music, but I can't knock the hustle.

Nas...ill ass lyricist, but he seems like a selfish douchebag. Shout out to the Bravehearts.
Never heard that about Nas, seems pretty cool to me. And definitely can't knock his writing game.

Tech N9ne can rap his ass off but his music be coming out terrible sometimes
I have to agree with this. Tech N9ne is talented to the limit, supposedly has amazing live performances, but churns out weak projects consistently.

E-40 I respect the man for bein a Bay legend and staying relevant but most of his music is just terrible and when he raps he sounds like a retarded person. I do like some songs though.
Naw man...

I like BLHs music and allways will. Some new music but mostly old. But fuck......Ive communicated with the guy on the SICCNESS many moons ago...
I think every poster on this site lost respect for Brotha Lynch Hung in one way or another... Just from getting too familiar I think

On the other hand...you can't deny 3 classic albums...24 deep, Season of the Sicc, and Loaded. He'll always get a pass for those.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
E-40 I respect the man for bein a Bay legend and staying relevant but most of his music is just terrible and when he raps he sounds like a retarded person. I do like some songs though.
You mean ALL of his music, or just his recent stuff? I mean taste is taste, and its cool if we like different things, but I've never really heard a bay rap fan say they didn't like In A Major Way before.

Sep 3, 2002
???? To each his own, but I can't see how you can put any of Charlie Hustle's songs up against In a Major Ways, from the radio song, the hard song, the posse cut, or features. Can't see it.

Then again I think Black Bossalini is one of Spice-1's best. and I've heard dudes on here say the album is trash.

I know there's no love for Macklemore on here music wise that man's smart, and plays his position well as a white rapper.

Sep 3, 2002
I was thinking Lupe Fiaso's music is kind of lame and preachy to me. (I liked Kick Push at one time).

And I think his opinions and politics are also backwards sometimes...

BUT...

I remember an interview in which he was listing some of his influences and he said "SPICE-1."

RESPECT.