Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 15, 2005
Accordin' 2 Wikipedia:

"During Sony's Press Conference at Tokyo Game Show 2009, Capcom announced that a Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition would be released in Japan in Spring 2010 for PlayStation 3. The new version will use the PlayStation Motion Controller. It will include a new scenario titled "Lost in Nightmares", where protagonists Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine infiltrate the Spencer Estate in 2006. Capcom US is still deciding in which format to release the additional content in North America; as downloadable content or in a standalone disc for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The official site Capcom-Unity is currently hosting a poll where registered users can decide which format is the best." :siccness:

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
So there doing to RE5 what they did with RE4 sorta??? Thats cool..

I jus wish they would've made a RE5 on the WII with like RE4 graphics and such.. After playing Resident Evil 4 on the WII theres no other way i'd rather play that game lol

Nov 14, 2002
"Alternative" = Give us another 60 for the same game with a few tweaks.

That trailor looks nice...maybe they should make it a full game...It looks way more darker then the RE5.. I hope its like RE4
Turn up the brightness on your monitor.

Apr 20, 2003
So there doing to RE5 what they did with RE4 sorta??? Thats cool..

I jus wish they would've made a RE5 on the WII with like RE4 graphics and such.. After playing Resident Evil 4 on the WII theres no other way i'd rather play that game lol
Yeah that game was fun..... One of my favs for the WII

Aug 7, 2003
supposedly that castle was supposed to be in RE5 but they later scrapped it after they made the game becuase it didnt fit into the story line and the game. thats what was missing for RE5 a huge castle. the castle in re4 was one of my favorite parts and it was huge.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Yeah RE4's castle was hella dope ^_^ man i let some dude at my work borrow RE4 and then he got fired, and then i quit.. So i gotta go out and cop RE4 again and give that another play thru.. Shit i might go do that today..

Nov 15, 2005
New info:

Capcom US has anounced that the new content will be released in DLC format for Australia, Europe and America. It will be released in 4 parts, 2 of those parts containing 2 new chapters as well as 2 new costumes each for the new game mode, the Mercenaries Reunion. The other 2 parts will contain another 2 costumes each and will cost relatively less than the packs with the new chapters. Japan will have a full retail disc.

Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition has an alternate episode

The upcoming Alternative Edition DLC for Resident Evil 5 is going to include much more than motion controller support for PS3 and the "Lost in Nightmares" flashback episode. The latest issue of Japanese mag Famitsu (via Andriasang) notes that Capcom has two additional surprises for players: new costumes and new characters for a revamped "Mercenaries Reunion", as well as an extra, yet-to-be-revealed chapter.

All this content will be released as four separate DLC packs:

* "Lost in Nightmares" Episode - 400 ($5)
* Costume Pack 1 - 160 ($2)
* Costume Pack 2 - 160 ($2)
* Additional TBA Episode - 400 ($5)

These prices are only confirmed for Japan, but it's unlikely the US release will be too different. Will two new campaign episodes lure you back into Resident Evil 5's monster safari?

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition hits retail in March, DLC in February

It looks like Capcom USA was tired of us making fun of the proposed name for the upcoming Resident Evil 5 expansion, "Alternative Edition." The division has chosen a bling-ier title for its stateside release: Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition. Gold Edition will be released as a retail box copy on March 9 for $49.99 as a single Blu-ray disc, including the original game and add-on content, on PS3 and as a DVD with download voucher for Xbox 360.

If you already have Resident Evil 5, you'll be able to pick up the first DLC chapter earlier. "Lost in Nightmares" and a custom pack will be available for download on February 17 for Xbox 360 and February 18 for PS3, while the second, unnamed DLC episode will be released March 3 (Xbox 360) and 4th (PS3) alongside a second costume pack. No mention has been made of a possible PC release.

Sep 22, 2003
they end up back in the mansion from resident evil 1. anyone know the story behind this?
It's suppose to be taking place before the events of Resident Evil 5 when Jill and Chris went to the mansion to arrest and also look for Wesker and the founder of Umbrella, who's still using the mansion for research.