Rescinding power of attorney

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
has anyone had any experiences with this?

im sure getting the PoA back from the person and having the copies destoryed is one step...but any other shit that needs to be done for legal purposes?

just wondering what i need prepared before i start the process

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
your trowing terms at me that dont make sense bro

i dunno?

lol im new to this and wanna rescind the PoA i gave to my pops

May 6, 2002
You gave him POA over something though.
Over what?

Meaning, what can he do OR what decision can he make for you as well as with what legal entity?

For example my CPA has POA with the IRS. He can call and act on my behalf.
For example my Mother has POA if I am in critical condition and unable to speak for myself.
For example my attorney has POA to deal with the county courts.

It all depends on what you did. If you don't know exactly what you signed and don't have a copy, then there isn't much anyone can do to help.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
i gave him PoA so he can fill out paperwork for section 8 housing authority and a couple weeks ago i found out im not even on section 8, so i dunno why he needed a PoA from me, or what they made him sign my name for...

i have the PoA (in the house somewhere), but i wanna make sure once its not in his possession what i have to do, to make sure he no longer has power to sign anything or make decisions

i dunno if that info helps

May 6, 2002
That usually requires a waiting list.
You just need to find out if he actually filed it. If he filed it, just contact that local housing authority and they will tell you exactly what they need. They will either have a form, or will want you to draft a letter stating you want him removed and why. The letter also needs to be notarized. I would also send it registered mail requiring a signature so you have proof they received it, just in case. You always want some sort of proof that it has been recorded.

It's just section 8 housing though. That POA would be for people who don't speak english, are illiterate, old or mentally ill. I know you aren't any of those and he was just trying to do you a favor, but just saying I wouldn't sweat it too hard. He's ultimately liable for the things he claims on the form.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
fo sho thanks for the info

he has filed it

so i will call them first thing in the morning and find out what i need to get done...just wanted to make sure i needed to take extra steps and i see now that i do

appreciate the help...ill have to get it fixed cause he signed some papers which cost me alot of money, and now having that get fixed is like trying to sit thru an in home presentation of "the notebook" with a group of teenage girls....painful