Report: Shawn Michaels Retiring After WrestleMania

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2004
www.myspace.com
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Shawn Michaels has been telling friends as of late he plans on retiring at WrestleMania. His contract is set to expire soon and he has talked about wanting to spend more time with his children as they grow up.

Michaels himself has made noise about retiring in recent years, to the point that WWE actually scripted jokes about it on Raw. After taking time off in 2008, he made noise about deciding not to come back. Like previous times he'd taken time off, WWE would call him back to return and he would. He also said in a radio interview last year that he had told the company his retirement date (which at the time was this year's WrestleMania). On the other hand, he's brought up the idea of wrestling well into his fifties, though only a match or two per year.

Michaels is not advertised for any shows past the night after WrestleMania when RAW emanates from the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona.

Oct 3, 2006
thats good if i was his age after i made millions i would wanna just spend the rest of my time at that age chillen and being with fam....fuck being a flair and hogan...i hope triple h retires soon too

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
As much as I think Shawn should settle down and let go of Wrestling,
the fan in me is like noooooooo.

Feb 8, 2003
in writting looks likes the taker gonna win. but now that this leaked you know wwe gonna change that match up now. I think they will do a angle where he got injured in the match or the night after to put him out.

Oct 3, 2006
last of a dying breed.....anyone knows who else is an active wrestler in the wwe today that was on the first year of raw?? i believe taker is and hbk is obviously, pretty much done..

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
great heartfelt farewell by shawn, good to see he retired whie retaining his dignity unlike Ric Flair. Shawn can probably land a gig on the evangelical circuit with his love for Jesus and his incomparable public speaking skills.