REMY/REMAQ from SKO-LIN ENTERTAINMENT INTERVIEW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2003
REMY/REMAQ of SKO-LIN ENTERTAINMENT INTERVIEW
Interview by: Chris Jackson

PBE STAFF: Wassup this is Chris Jackson from the Platinum Bound Staff, we have Sko-Lin Entertainment Producer Remy/Remaq on the phone with us live for a interview, Wassup Remy!! First off, I wanna thank you for takin the time out to answer a few questions for us......

REMY/REMAQ: Right on mayne.. No problem man you know how we do.. Big Remy in DA BUILDING fa sheezzy..

PBE STAFF: First off, we wanna ask you what inspires you to make beats, whats brings out the best in you?

REMY/REMAQ: Man my love for music. Music is my life fo sho.. Music is a part of my soul mayne my love for music brings out the best in me. My inspiration comes from knowing this is what God wants me to do.. Make good music for the people to listen to and enjoy.. FO SHOZZY…

PBE STAFF: Yeah man, thats the truth....Let everybody know where your from and what you represent.

REMY/REMAQ: Well mayne I from the 415 Frisco mayne fa shezzy.. Repping Sko-Lin Entertainment/Platinum Bound Ent. FO SHO…

PBE STAFF: Are you currently working with any rappers from Frisco?? Whats your opinion on the Frisco rap scene??

REMY/REMAQ: Yes there are two rappers out of Frisco I am working with. Enasni Soprano and Kingrich. It’s different from all the other Bay Area rap dropping. In my opinion we keep it keep it street and about the hustle mayne fa shezz..

PBE STAFF: ok fa sho, Do they currently have out projects with your production on them, or are they albums still in the making?

REMY/REMAQ: Yes, Kingrich released “All Hail the King” earlier this year I produced 5 trax on that. And Enasni Soprano has a mixcd “The Hustlers Handbook” Hosted by Camillionaire in the works for release soon. I produced about 3 or 4 trax on that one.

PBE STAFF: What artist do you look forward to working with in the future???

REMY/REMAQ: Man there are a few.. E-40, Keak, Turf Talk, FAB, Brotha Lynch Hung, Yukmouth, San Quinn man the list goes on..

PBE STAFF: How long have you been producing??? How long do you plan to produce?

REMY/REMAQ: Man I’ve been making beats for 10 years now. I started seriously producing about 4 years ago. I plan to produce till the wheels fall off mayne fa sho.…

PBE STAFF: We hear that there are a few Remys out there in the music biz. How did you get the name Remy and what seperates you from the rest?

REMY/REMAQ: Well one day we was in the lab trying to find a Rap name for me. So we seen this book called Home Remedies and my folx said we should call you Remedy since you always blowing treez you should be the Remedy. Then over time people started calling me Remy so it just stuck with me.

PBE STAFF: So what do you feel separates you from the other Remys in the game?

REMY/REMAQ: To be honest I’ve never heard of other Remy’s. But man my originality and sound probably would be what separates me from them and other producers in this game.

PBE STAFF: What other artist are you working with now??
REMY/REMAQ: Right now I am working with M-Dash and the whole PBE Family, Kobra Abysmal, Rux, Young Moe, Kingrich and Enasni Soprano right now.

PBE STAFF: What bay area artist do you feel will take it to the next level in 2006?

REMY/REMAQ: Well In my opinion I think M-Dash is gonna take it to the next level fo sho.. That is one of the hardest working people in the game in my opinion. I am learning a lot from him about the business and how things should flow. Watch out for him cause 2006 is gonna be big.. FA SHO..

PBE STAFF: ok fa sho, besides M-Dash, outside of your camp, who do you feel has the ability to make alot of noise on a national level in 2006?

REMY/REMAQ: Well I always thought San Quinn would do it big. I also think FAB can do some damage too. E-40 of course that is one of my favs.. Also who should watch out for is Kobra Abysmal, Rux, Young Dru cause in my opinion these cats got major spits…

PBE STAFF: Yeah, I think San Quinn Album will be real big in 2006, I think Messy Marv will come back wit a banger too....Whats your opinion on the Hyphey Movement in the Bay???

REMY/REMAQ: Fo shozzy.. GYEAH… Mess got them spits too.. This is a good question man. The hyphey movement is a change for the bay mayne fo sho.. I like it, cause the bay is coming together. It’s not about cities anymore, now it’s about one big family repping a movement that in my opinion is going to help the Bay get to were it needs to be in this game.

PBE STAFF: How long have you been working with M-DASH?? what are your plans for 2006?

REMY/REMAQ: I’ve been working with M-Dash for about 2 years now. Plans for 2006 is to keep putting out the slapz like we been doing man. I ma keep it moving with the PBE Family man and keep putting out that good music with my fam M-Dash fa sho.. Also plan to get productions on more of these Bay projects dropping…hopefully on some of the big names coming out the bay as well.

PBE STAFF: How can rappers, fans, and just people in general contact you?

REMY/REMAQ: Well you can get at you folx thru email: [email protected] AIM: remyremaq5150 or you can get at me in any of the Platinum Bound Ent Forums on the internet fo sho..

PBE STAFF: ok Remy, we wanna thank you for takin time out to chop it with us for a minute mayne, we wish you much success in 2006, and we look forward to hearing some hot production from you, you have any last words??

REMY/REMAQ: Right on pimpin. Thank you for taking time to interview me. First of I wanna thank God for giving me this great talent I also give shots out to my folx M-Dash and the PBE fam, Kobra Abysmal, Rux, Enasni Soprano, Kingrich, John outta Germany SKO-LIN in da building FO SHOZZY.. and to all the people/fans out there that are supporting our music and supporting me in what we are trying to do. Much luv to all of you and let’s get it crackin fa shezzy and show em what the BAY DO… GYEAH….

Interview by Chris Jackson
PBE STAFF EDITOR