Reason & MPC 1000 Connect???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I just bought an MPC today with some midi cables so I can hook up my MP to Reason... I watched a video on youtube and the dude showed steps on how to hook it up but it ain't working... Any suggestions????

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Was this the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G96ij7Z4fMA

Anyways, seems to me quite a few people don't know how to do this. But it shouldn't be different than any other hardware.

You should be able to just hook your MPC in to your Audio Interface, turn everything on, run Reason 3.0 and get it recognized that way. I'm positive Reason 3.0 has a feature that you run which automatically connects any hardware and syncs it so you could try that. Then get the channels lined up and then try it.

Why do you want to Sync it with Reason personally? For the soundbanks?

Apr 25, 2002
yea thats the vid... the shit still ain't working for me tho... I read the MP book too... And yes i want it to sync for the sound banks...

May 6, 2002
you might have to have both midi cables plugged in, to make a complete "circle" between the two devices. Remember it's always midi out to midi in on both devices.

Apr 25, 2002
Well My MIDI Keyboard only has an OUT not an IN... So I'm thinking Imma wait till I get a new interface and then try it to see if I can get to work..