Real Talk

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
I'm still bumpin that "Every Playa" joint! This track is fu*kin' hott. I was more into "Hot Pursuit" at first but damn after I left this track in rotation it seems like the only button I keep hittin' is repeat! I mean even my little sister diggin' this sh*t and all she really fu*ks with is Coldplay and other alternative groups. I swear I don't ever hear her listening to rap but she was diggin' this track. Out of both Young Dru's and Jay Tee's releases I'm feeling "Every Playa" tha most.

Jan 2, 2003
I feel ya on that shit, NASA
thats my Mutha Fuckin Joint dog,
I'm also diggin that "After After" song from V-Town. It took me a while to get use to, now thats my favorite track from the CD

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
^^Yuh "After After" tight also. Both albums are bangin! I just like playing "Every Playa" when I'm drivin' around because it just has a smooth sound.

Dec 15, 2003
Fo sho, I can listen to CPW all the way thru. But the tracks that get the most spins are "Every Playa", "Can't Figure It Out", "Hot Pursuit", "Hoe Hoppin'", "Hard Times" and "Pimpin'". I can't really choose my fav out of these but I dig the fuck outta the Curtis Mayfield sample on "Hard Times". That shit is hard as fuck. "Cold, cold eyes, on me they stare. People all around me and they all in fear." And Young Dru's shit goes hard too. Only 2 or 3 tracks I don't like.

Feb 19, 2003
Yup. The concept of COLD PIECE OF WORK is a little different production-wise from what Jay Tee usually does in that he used samples and/or interpolations of old school Funk/Soul/R&B songs, but I'm diggin' it to the fullest...it reminds me of the days when sampling was still done a lot (until the lawsuit threats and whatnot). I've always dug the live production on previous 40 Ounce projects, but it was cool to hear something different, because it shows 40 Ounce's versatility.

PEACE!