Ray Rice KOs wife video

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I ain't arguing about nothing...I said what I said...I said nothing about her being at fault I merely said I think he has a case for self defense...I didn't say HE would win it...I didn't say SHE would lose. You need to direct your comment to Hersey...he is the one dissecting, correcting and editing for the past 8 posts.
HE DOESNT
lol how could he have a case for self defense when her charges were dropped and he pleaded guilty to his charges that were increased. There is no case here its already over and done with do you get it

Mar 18, 2008
HE DOESNT
lol how could he have a case for self defense when her charges were dropped and he pleaded guilty to his charges that were increased. There is no case here its already over and done with do you get it
Brah...why would you jump head first into this drawn out conversation? I was looking at the video as if it currently happened and made a observation on the details...I understand the aftermath of it. There really is no further need for US to start this simple back and forth dialogue. Let's me and you let it go.

Nov 11, 2006
I missed the video, what happened? He pushed her and she hit her head on a stair or somthin?
After a long night of drinking and gambling they were getting kinky and role playing, ray was playing marquez and janay was playing pacquaio. Ray/marquez threw a devastating left hook that ended janay/pacquaio's championship aspirations and put her to sleep for about 8 minutes.

Goddam it, now that janay took this L, we will never see solange vs janay, the promoters are trying to arrange ray vs solange, but ray claims he is the leader of the anti-bullying campaign and he doesnt hit women

Last edited:

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Did this incident happen in California...answer: NO
Did it happen in New Jersey...answer: YES

So let see what that jurisdiction has to say about "assault" and "battery"

...snipped for time and space.
Stop. When you were arguing your nonexistent point you did so on the grounds of "this is how I remember stuff like this playing out in regards to, Assault, Battery, Torts, Negligence, stuff in class." and "I used to go through scenarios in class like this..." so did you go to class in New Jersey? If not why did you start arguing any of this from the perspective of your class and not make a distinction later on? Rhetorical, no need to answer as it will simply keep us going back and forth. As for NJ laws you should probably look into a couple of cases (like I did after you posted) to see how they treat wobblers and assaults and battery. However, more importantly, it should be noted that neither Ray or Janey rice were charged with BATTERY but with ASSAULT (or simple assault), then her charges were dropped, his were bumped up.

Ray followed her into the elevator, stepped into her space and then made a threatening gesture. New Jersey law is pretty much the same as CA law when it comes to self defense so he would still have to prove 2 and 3 and that's if we say Janey Rice actually did spit on him. The problem with that, however, is witnesses and others who have seen the video are saying it was RAY who actually spit on her, twice in fact, and initial reports of her doing it appear to have been not clarified or wrong.

Ray Rice spat in face of fiancee twice before punch, Outside The Lines reports - ESPN

Ray spits, she approaches, Ray knocks her out. What else do we need to discuss?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2008
Stop. When you were arguing your nonexistent point you did so on the grounds of "this is how I remember stuff like this playing out in regards to, Assault, Battery, Torts, Negligence, stuff in class." and "I used to go through scenarios in class like this..." so did you go to class in New Jersey? If not why did you start arguing any of this from the perspective of your class and not make a distinction later on? Rhetorical, no need to answer as it will simply keep us going back and forth. As for NJ laws you should probably look into a couple of cases (like I did after you posted) to see how they treat wobblers and assaults and battery. However, more importantly, it should be noted that neither Ray or Janey rice were charged with BATTERY but with ASSAULT (or simple assault), then her charges were dropped, his were bumped up.

Ray followed her into the elevator, stepped into her space and then made a threatening gesture. New Jersey law is pretty much the same as CA law when it comes to self defense so he would still have to prove 2 and 3 and that's if we say Janey Rice actually did spit on him. The problem with that, however, is witnesses and others who have seen the video are saying it was RAY who actually spit on her, twice in fact, and initial reports of her doing it appear to have been not clarified or wrong.

Ray Rice spat in face of fiancee twice before punch, Outside The Lines reports - ESPN

Ray spits, she approaches, Ray knocks her out. What else do we need to discuss?
I KNOW Ray spit on her...I've read that already...I KNOW she didn't spit on Ray. So why would I have to bring that up. You are the one that said "she" spit on "him" and you went on a TIRADE afterwards which goes back to what I originally said...you edited, by addition, my words to fit YOUR direction. In class your not only studying California cases, rulings and statutes etc. So why am I confined by your permitters in discussing what I felt he "might" be able to argue? For the record I just mirrored the opinion of a poster P.E. who came to the same conclusion that Ray might have a case for self defense...I don't see the lynch mob asking him why he said it.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I KNOW Ray spit on her...I've read that already...I KNOW she didn't spit on Ray. So why would I have to bring that up.
Because at the time you mentioned your hypothetical scenario NO ONE outside of Ray Rice, his wife, who they told or who actually saw the vid with audio knew that he spit on her. Outside from that, no one had that info two days ago.

You are the one that said "she" spit on "him" and you went on a TIRADE afterwards which goes back to what I originally said...you edited, by addition, my words to fit YOUR direction.
Not true because I keep saying even if we go by your scenario, and say she did whatever to him, spit or make a gesture, your hypothetical still wouldn't hold weight. I didn't edit your words. I read critically and responded critically, nothing more.

In class your not only studying California cases, rulings and statutes etc. So why am I confined by your permitters in discussing what I felt he "might" be able to argue?
In class, you are going to look at rulings, precedent, statutes, etc from other states. You are NOT going to learn another state's PC. You weren't arguing from NJ you were arguing from what you learned in class. You then implied that I couldn't do it and that is where the disconnect is. You introduce something to a discussion then you need to hold yourself to those standards.You aren't confined to my perimeters. You're confined to the perimeters YOU created and/or introduced when you presented the question. And then none of it matters because NJ and CA are basically the same in how they treat self defense, which is one part of your hypothetical, so what is your point?

For the record I just mirrored the opinion of a poster P.E. who came to the same conclusion that Ray might have a case for self defense...I don't see the lynch mob asking him why he said it.
I didn't see where P.E. typed paragraph upon paragraph about a hypothetical situation like you did. In fact, I don't recall P.E. ever saying he had a case. However, if you DID know Ray Rice spit on his GF then why did you even come with the hypothetical? At that point, it would all be moot because he is committing an unlawful act and SD is not afforded to him.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2008
Because at the time you mentioned your hypothetical scenario NO ONE outside of Ray Rice, his wife, who they told or who actually saw the vid with audio knew that he spit on her. Outside from that, no one had that info two days ago.

Not true because I keep saying even if we go by your scenario, and say she did whatever to him, spit or make a gesture, your hypothetical still wouldn't hold weight. I didn't edit your words. I read critically and responded critically, nothing more.

In class, you are going to look at rulings, precedent, statutes, etc from other states. You are NOT going to learn another state's PC. You weren't arguing from NJ you were arguing from what you learned in class. You then implied that I couldn't do it and that is where the disconnect is. You introduce something to a discussion then you need to hold yourself to those standards.You aren't confined to my perimeters. You're confined to the perimeters YOU created and/or introduced when you presented the question. And then none of it matters because NJ and CA are basically the same in how they treat self defense, which is one part of your hypothetical, so what is your point?

I didn't see where P.E. typed paragraph upon paragraph about a hypothetical situation like you did. In fact, I don't recall P.E. ever saying he had a case. However, if you DID know Ray Rice spit on his GF then why did you even come with the hypothetical? At that point, it would all be moot because he is committing an unlawful act and SD is not afforded to him.
P.E.'s post--->
image.jpg

Last edited: