rappin 4 tay's daughter missing/found.....no thanks to local media

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 16, 2002
Bay Area Rapper's
Missing Children Found
by - Davey D
12/9/02 7:50:05 AM
It's been a strange and troubling week for Hip Hop. late last week we got word that Bay Area rapper Rappin' 4Tay's 14 year daughter Jasmin was missing. She went to school and never came back. 4tay was beside himself as he tried desperately to get the word out. In fact we were going to do a big thing on her disappearance today.

Part of what 4Tay was up against was he could not get any help. California's much herald 'Amber Alert' system was not being used to help bring attention to his missing daughter. I'm not sure if it was because she was too old, or the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, or because she was African American, or because 4Tay is from the hood and doesn't have that nice appeal like others who have been profiled. I guess we can forget the age thing because we know the Amber Alert was used to track down those two Southern Cali cheerleaders who were kidnapped a couple of month's back. One would think that because of him at least being a celebrity and a high profile person who had a couple of hit records that his plight would've been highlighted. All I know is that it seems like every other day the Amber Alert is being used and the news media is jumping all over the story.

Locally 4Tay was not able to get the cooperation from the local media. His daughter's plight wasn't the lead story on the evening news. There were no front page newspaper stories. Heck according to some of his peoples, even the local stations that play his music and have him perform at shows weren't blowing this up. I'm still wondering why...

In any case we were set to drop a huge story this morning when we got word last night that his daughter was found. She was in Berkeley somewhere and checked into a hospital. We are not sure of the details. We're not sure if it was foul play or if she simply ran away or anything. Thank God she was found and it wasn't another tragic situation surrounding a missing child. We will let you know what went down as soon as we talk to 4Tay's folks.

That's messed up. But in other good news...I was watching the Today show this morning, and they had a story about a boy that was kidnapped when he was only a couple weeks old. The kidnappers even killed the boy's mom. His GodMother never gave up the search for him. They found the boy (now 6 years old) living approx 2 miles away from where he was kidnapped. People are sick.

May 30, 2002
yeah that was Young Lay's (rapper from Oakland) son I think thats his name, yeah the girls killed the mother set the houseo n fire to cover it up and kidnapped the baby, there saying that the reason why they did it its cause on of the girls was the tyme his ex-girlfriend and there talkin about she had a a miscarriage and she want to have the baby so she stole his.........what surprised me is that they showed that on Unsolved Mysteries like no more then a month ago...it was scarry....now in this world we do have some crazy ass people that will do anything and everything to have a child

K

KEYSER SOZE

the article said that this incident didn't get "lead" stories but was it at least on the news? if it wasn't on the news at all then that's fucked up, but if it was then unfortunately 4tay cant really complain. just cuz he's a star doesn't mean his child should get more attention than the next persons. It must feel like shit though having a missing child and not being able to have it on the front page and mentioned first thing on the news.