rappers missin "BIG" singles?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 3, 2006
anyone else notice that alotta bigger rappers who usually have huge singles just dont these days?...for example chamillionare aint got no big single and hi sits droppin next week,50 didnt have that single this time around,kanye aint really got a big single,young jocs albums comin soon and no single why is that are labels jus tnot givin artists the same push as previuos years or what?

Apr 25, 2002
YOUNG JOC's cd came out about three weeks ago cuzzin.KANYE does have a BIG single. 50 does have a BIG single. I agree that CHAMILLIONAIRE & TWISTA ain't getting no love on the video or radio tip but they spending they marketing dollars different now so they can receive more later. The days of spending a gwop on videos is over!!!

Jan 18, 2006
Chamillionaire fucked up, he played his cards right with his first album 2 strong singles but while it might have been a good concept "hip hop police" is weak as fuck. Young Joc is retarded for making his single what it was. 50 has 5 videos, thats a lot for one album. Kanye has 3 but the only real good one is "the good life". I liked that you cant tell me nothing at first but that shits hella annoying now. Make me stronger is just wack.

Rappers are missing complete albums not singles.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
its not that rappers are missing big singles, its just the singles they've been releasing are ass.

every single single 50 dropped off curtis has been corny; amuesment park? ayo technology? those were stupid ass concepts for singles, maybe filler tracks, but not singles. I get money is coo, but its not single material. the one with robin thicke is just boring.

young joc's album is ass, so he didn't really have much of a choice on what to release as a single.....but coffee shop was a stupid ass concept too.

daft punk has great songs, kanye should've picked a better one to remake. that video was alright, but it didn't make up for the song sucking. can't tell me nothing needed jeezy on it, but he releases the one without him? dumb. the good life is clean tho, and the video is one of the best videos I've seen in hella long. should've been his lead single, but its coo, he'll still sell units from it.

hip hop police was a good concept and the video is interesting and fun to watch too, but as for lead single? nahh....but then again chamillionaire didn't really have club hits, ridin dirty was more of a concept song. but hip hop police just doesn't work as a lead single.

at least they aren't working out deals to get those weak ass singles on everyfuckingthing like jay-z did with show me what you got and TI with big things popping (although I still thing that was a well produced song, jay-z's on the other hand, not so much)

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
you gotta understand about chamillionaire. if ya'll recall the sound of revenge, he dropped the first single with lil flip. album slowly sold to 400k. then he dropped ridin dirty, instant platinum! lol so don't count cham out yet. if he drops bill collector or rock star with lil wayne, he may have another platinum plaque

yung joc: that coffee shop song is weak and annoying

50: 50 is gonna sell regardless. he has worldwide fans

cassidy: he is a great rapper, but I am not feeling that single he has out

right now, one hit wonders run the airwaves. all they care about is a catchy tune to sell some ringtones. most rappers don't wanna make a complete album anymore.