rappers featuring cats they never met

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DELUCA

Capo Di Tutti Capi
May 25, 2004
how do you feel about that.big names on albums that dont even know they on it.dont get me wrong i see there point . hey i wanna at least be in the studio with the cat. id rather do tracks with nobodies then get some verse from somebody that dont even know me .

Jul 28, 2002
www.StreetHop.com
It serves a purpose, promo and hype namely.

I dont give it much thought though, if it sounds good then cool. As long as the artist doesnt try to claim they are best friends or whatever then its cool on the music tip.

DELUCA

Capo Di Tutti Capi
May 25, 2004
i agree.i guess its my personal opinion .i say if you cant make a buzz on your own like they did well damn wheres the respect in it.a lot of artists put out gangs of albums to earn there name,then cats short kut to get hood famous,and you know damn well they front like they homies with the cat too.

Jul 28, 2002
www.StreetHop.com
The worst example of this was when everyone was involving Pac in their beef tracks last year fronting lack Pac would be down with them, and not the other side, who was doing the exact same thing.

May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
sum niggaz be broke and cant reall y afford to fly out and meet muthfuckas outta state. niggaz is independant and puttin they every spare penny in2 they album ....we got droop, yun-gun, and msane, on da album... aint met nan one in person but, i know tha tracx is tight and legit and them niggaz went hard on it we jus did tha shit sendin em bac n forth thru mail....
aint no record deal aint no "album budget" a nigga jus hustle up and do what we can... to make shit happen
:devious:

May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
and no we aint frontin like we know these artist personally or nuthin we us thought they would make coo collabs for tha album i coulda got a BS ass Lil Flip verse on it... if i was reachin for fame ...Pshh fuck dat he's garbage on a stick....
in conclusion everybody aint on tha same bullshit mission

fold

May 21, 2004
Alot of times, even in the majors, there are collabs between artist that never met each other. The label execs might set up a feature for a track for their artist and the verse might be recorded on the east coast. The album could've been recorded on the west coast. It happens all the time with major labels so why not with indies?

Jul 25, 2003
www.brazzers.com
IMO....kats who put sum1 who passed away on their album and say had beef or that person never knew they existed is some real homo'ish....jus like sum1 else said when they put out all these tracks with pac and people like the fugees or nas...and u kno that when he was alive he hated your ass ...thats bitch shyt....

DELUCA

Capo Di Tutti Capi
May 25, 2004
Dave Cop-a-feel said:
Alot of times, even in the majors, there are collabs between artist that never met each other. The label execs might set up a feature for a track for their artist and the verse might be recorded on the east coast. The album could've been recorded on the west coast. It happens all the time with major labels so why not with indies?
good point never took that into consideration

Apr 25, 2002
If you need to rely on guest appearances to bring attention to your album, it just means you ain't doing your job. PERIOD.

There's a million wanna-be rappers out there and the funny part about it is 99.98% of them think their job is to rap. The remaining 0.02% are the ones who don't have their head in the clouds and actually achieve a successful career.

Aug 20, 2004
Sick Wid It said:
If you need to rely on guest appearances to bring attention to your album, it just means you ain't doing your job. PERIOD.

There's a million wanna-be rappers out there and the funny part about it is 99.98% of them think their job is to rap. The remaining 0.02% are the ones who don't have their head in the clouds and actually achieve a successful career.
Im glad im not the only one that sees this...Seattle is overrun by these kinda cats...

May 16, 2002
I know I'm late for this topic, but...fuck it.

I believe we are all out to make "BIG" moves and if given the chance...not one motherfucker is going to turn that down.

We are here to make music and hustle our game and make the big connects if possible.

Hip Hop is Hip Hop, but it has it's differences.

1. There are those that believe that it's all for the love of Hip Hop, not the money.

2. Then there are those who believe we are in it for the love of money & fame.

Which ever way you want to look at it, we are all hustlaz in one way or another.

Like Yukmouth told me after our session,

"If my name is gonna help you sell more units, that's what I want...for everybody to come up and party with us at the top."

If there wasn't that much hate going on, that would be a solid chain reaction...unbreakable.