Rap Music Losing Its Credibility

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
I've become thoroughly disenchanted with the whole rap music scene recently. First off, let me start by saying that rappers are hurting for ideas, and all these compilations and guest-shots are proof of it. When's the last time someone released an album of their own without having a dozen guests on each track? and do you remember the days when the hard fools would only rap with other hard fools? Well, these days we've got tracks by E-40 with Fred "Twice-Dipped" Durst and Mac Dre with any cream-puff out there with a little bit of cash. And why is Mac Dre putting out 8 albums a year when out of those 8 there's only a handful of decent tracks? It's ridiculous. I understand most rappers are egotistical bastards who's only concern is money, but what happened to being credible? I'm just seeing the whole rap scene becoming more and more tired, trying to reach back to the days when there was some originality, but failing miserably. I'm waiting on two albums before I forsake rap music entirely: Nickatina's Cocaine Raps III and Lynch By Inch. I'm hoping these won't be dissapointments, but who knows. There's a lot of talent on this board, and a lot of creative individuals trying to push the envelope and do something unique. To those of you, I say keep it up. Maybe you can save this sinking ship. But to be quite honest, I'd rather be listening to Appalachian Yodeling than the new Mac Dre song featuring Avril Lavigne and Sum41.

Jan 16, 2003
i completely agree with MOOK only because in the last 6 months i've probably bought 20 cds and the only ones with more then a few tight tracks were: all money is good money(luni coleone, p-folks, hollow-tip, JT, san quinn, b-legit)...that new skinny pimp comp and..thas it. All of the other 13 i bought had no more then one decent cut on it maybe two.

I've resorted to buying cd's that are old and i know are tight.

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
SOAK::GAME said:

whoa, whoa, WHOA.... u DO realize he's one of the illest rappers out now, don't you?
i can't agree wit you on that...but Mook is right...a lot of the shit thats comin out now-a-days is garbage...i had to stop listenin to a few of the bay's artists because they aren't comin wit the shit that they use to...i personally stick to the shit that i know is gonna knock when it drops...niggas that won't sell out for the fame...C-Bo, Lynch, Hollow, etc...these are the niggas that i thihnk are gonna bring the game back to what it was in the early 90s...

Mar 13, 2003
great this is going to turn into

Real Niggas:
"Eminem tight but he ruining hip hop's credibility by being a bitch."

v.s.

Siccness Whiteboys:
"I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE EMINEM HE SO TIGHT AND HE REAL TOO LIKE WHEN HE RAP ABOUT HATIN HIS MOM I CAN RELATE CUZ I'M A SPOILED WHITEBOY AND I HATE MY PARENTS TOO CUZ THEY DIDN'T BUY ME MY NEW CARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

Jul 22, 2002
yes i do agree the rap game is losing credibility....thats why i have not purchased an album in over 4 months or downloaded any thing becouse there is nothing to download thats worth listening too........

As For the Eminem thing.......
Eminem is "ONE" of the best lyrical rappers in the game and only few can get wit him.....dont care to see him on tv all the time but i'll give him his props on his flow...but the crying about his parents has to go...........................................and to those who say he cant spit i would like to see you get on stage and battle him..........

Apr 25, 2002
rap is losing credibility...you got all these foos who are out for that paper they quick to make an album in a week to make some bread, and they know people will buy it cuz of thier name...it's jus one big trend now...all the big name rappers made it a gimmick, now a lot of the underground street shit bay rap, sac, and la, that old rugged sound is now all bout money and flossin and hoes...it's what the majority of the people wanna hear, it's what sells records....because 90% of the industry is comercialized so the mentality is to get to that target audience cuz the other 10% of the real muthafuckas don't matter...that's why i started listenin to that underground hip hop type shit cuz it's always changin there's always somethin new, and styles are unique...you never hear an album wit 5 tracks talkin bout the same shit...i still knock them luniz, 3x that classic oakland and frisco shit, valley jo shit from 96 and below but that new shit is a waste of money cuz i can't relate to havin a meal ticket, ridin in a range on 24's, and sippin on crys cuz i'm jus another broke mufucka tryin to get an education and gettin my hustle on!

and eminem may be a "commercial" rapper but you can't deny that his lyrics are on point...his word play and versatility is clean...he may talk about some wierd shit from time to time but at least he not tryin to front on some shit, if you listen to his old underground shit before he started fuckin wit dre, he jus some white dood who grew up in the slums of mo town and went thru alot of shit...he got dope freestyles, and can battle wit some of the best...i seen this video of one of the blaze battles from a while back and he was eatin foos until he met that kid eyedea (another white dood who will eat anyone on the mic but thats another story)...

Jan 16, 2003
i dont listen to much eminem, if any at all, but he does have lyrical talent only because he "puts so much *time* and energy into his raps"--dre, an hes one of the few of a handful of rappers that have punchlines in their raps. other then that his voice is tha most fuckin annoying voice in rap. oh yea and when he first came out he didn't hold back in his music but now he holds back for TRL. which is tha gayest shit anybody could ever do.

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
Fuckoff said:
soak your such a faggot its insane
and you look like an asian firefighter in drag that fell off the top of an ugly tree hittin ure face on every branch on the way down and landed into a Cadillac Escalade EXT with a flatbed filled with ugly

by the way, stop tellin people that the cum stain on your sweat pants is really a bleach stain, damn.... you aint washed them shits since reagan got blasted

Mar 13, 2003
SGC~CEO said:

and you look like an asian firefighter in drag that fell off the top of an ugly tree hittin ure face on every branch on the way down and landed into a Cadillac Escalade EXT with a flatbed filled with ugly

by the way, stop tellin people that the cum stain on your sweat pants is really a bleach stain, damn.... you aint washed them shits since reagan got blasted
Too many words.

::ignores post::

Feb 8, 2003
Mook Mangla P said:
I've become thoroughly disenchanted with the whole rap music scene recently. First off, let me start by saying that rappers are hurting for ideas, and all these compilations and guest-shots are proof of it. When's the last time someone released an album of their own without having a dozen guests on each track? and do you remember the days when the hard fools would only rap with other hard fools?
I agree its alright to have a couple guest appearences on a solo
album but not too many because it takes away your credibility as an artist and makes your shit sound like a compilation. You got to remember most guys are just doing rap just for bling and females not for the passion anymore too begin with. Alot of people just started rapping over night and think thats what it takes. But it really takes years of hardwork and dedication.

Apr 11, 2003
gooeygraphics.com
shit its a fukkin buisness... and nikkas is tryin to get it...
can you blame them when so many people is downloadin' they're shit for free...

if you're tired of gettin disapointed maybe you should start downloading it first, if you like it then go cop it... then you won't have anything to complain about.

if i could make an album and put that shit out and get paid from it i would too... along wit a dvd... yadadada mean?