Random & Lesser known facts about LA rap & culture

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 28, 2009
add on

Friday was filmed on 126th between Normandie and I think Halldale...if not Halldale, it's whatever Street is parallel with Normandie and is a block west of it. The block still looks similar, although the houses have been painted a different color. This is located in Raymond Crips territory, and is two blocks from El Segundo, which is the bordering street that separates Los Angeles (considered South LA or even South Central right there) and Gardena. There was a time when the crips in Gardena (Shotguns, Paybacks, Dragnet) didn't along with Raymond crips, or any NH crips.

traditional L.A. gangsta dress, wit the dickies, tshirts, tatts and shit, blacks made that popular and invented that type of shit, 80s-90s blacks were wearing house shoes, chucks, etc etc wit khaki suits and pig tails and shyt, that died off kinda in the 00's, bangers still wear em, but blacks for the most part moved on to new type of dressing, but still throw on traditional attire, but mexicans kind of adopted what the blacks were doing in the 80s-90s and dress like blacks used to, blacks change up their style a lot, mexicans dont, they took what blacks made and stuck with it. same can go for lowriders, yea mexicans invented the low-low, but the most popular aspect of the low-low, which is hopping, bounce rock skatin, was INVENTED BY BLACKS IN COMPTON! blacks were the first ones to be making their low low hop and shit, while the mexicans were just cruising, mexicans saw what blacks were doing, and hopped on it and rolled wit it, blacks made the lowrider culture popular in california, and it started wit blacks in L.A.

Suge made smaller artists sign blank pieces of paper for contracts.

Snoop was originally running w/ICG before turning rollin 20s

Blinky Blink & Cardan got jacked a few years back over some reckless shit Ma$e did

during the 90's the mansfields almost always held bone thugs down every time they hit LA

Feb 7, 2006
we didn't invent tattoing neither did Mexicans but they the ones that made that gang tatt shit pop off, then it got even bigger when black rappers started getting work from them.

That low low shit is right tho.

Aug 17, 2002
the way mexican g;s used to dress in the 70s and early 80s was pretty tight but times change.

if anything i think some white boys and souther mexicans are kind of dressing like each other now. and in northern cali more norte have an afro-american style to their dress. maybe it's cuz white pride and sur 13 are on better terms in the pen, and 14s is dressing how they do because some norte clicks are cool with black gangs in the pen.

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i'm just throwing it out there as food for thought.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i think that "mobile market" shit might have been created in LA.....8am dude back up in the housing spot and play la cucaracha with his horn and he got toilet tissue, phone cards, carne asada, lottery tickets, netflix movies, socks, ears of corn, cabbage, the whole shit, candy for the kids, everything, flea market, montgomery, its just like a mini mall

if someone else beyond la created that id like to know

they do it here now, but im just now seeing it in sd it wasnt something that was always here to my knowledge

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
....aint a scrap located in L.A.

scraps are upstate paisas who, the majority of, skipped right past L.A. & come up north for work.

L.A. got some gangbangin ass cholos who are generations deep ( like 4, 5 generations )

you might have a scrap mixed up with a paisa, but its all good Chree, you dont bang bang so I get ya.