Random Album/Song upload thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Youth Lagoon - Wondrous Bughouse (2013)

01 Through Mind and Back
02 Mute
03 Attic Doctor
04 The Bath
05 Pelican Man
06 Dropla
07 Sleep Paralysis
08 Third Dystopia
09 Raspberry Cane
10 Daisyphobia

Youth Lagoon's second album, Wondrous Bughouse, is one of the most arresting headphone records you'll hear this year. Trevor Powers, the band's sole member, layers strange but alluring synth textures under quirky melodies and simple pop beats, in the process creating an expansive and endlessly engrossing world of sonic curiosities.
As with Youth Lagoon's 2011 debut, The Year of Hibernation, the songs on Wondrous Bughouse are moody but not melancholy. Thematically, Powers finds himself in an existential spiral, as he asks grand questions about mortality, the spiritual world and his own mental state — which he describes as "hyperactive." Weighty subjects ripe for pensive introspection, sure, but the music is uplifting, if a bit dysphoric, like an awkward hug for all that is light and beautiful.
Powers, who says he controls his busy mind with music, offers no illuminating epiphanies or profound discoveries on Wondrous Bughouse, out March 5; he says he hasn't had any. But the songs allow him to assume the identity of Youth Lagoon and sort through all the emotional and mental baggage he, like so many, carries with him everywhere. The album opens a window into our odd little world, with the understanding that life is a baffling mystery, but also a wonderful ride.
Zippyshare.com - Wondrous Bughouse.zip

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
my drive crashed....if at all possible, could i get a re-up of some albums?

twin shadow - forget
warpaint (from 2010)
both Santogold/santigold albums
blood orange - coastal grooves (i have this album, but it is on vinyl)...

if requests are not allowed, i will delete this post (and apologies in advance if that's the case)...

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
0R0 @0R0

had to prop you man, those links are life savers man, thanks 0r0 man!!!!
next time, first round of drinks are on me, serio.

edit: the link for 'coastal..' didn't work for some reason (permission denied!)

Last edited:

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
That new Youth Lagoon sounds how I think Daniel Johnston envisions himself sounding like in his own head. I'm glad I listened to it on my good headphones because the mix plays a lot with space. A big difference from their last release.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
the new shlohmo & kavinsky album were both really solid, lol @ that random havoc feature

That new Youth Lagoon sounds how I think Daniel Johnston envisions himself sounding like in his own head. I'm glad I listened to it on my good headphones because the mix plays a lot with space. A big difference from their last release.
this description made me DL it just now