Random Album/Song upload thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I've been listening to this album so much for the past 3 weeks I figured I'd post it in here. Not sure how many people would dig it, but I fucking love it so here ya go.

Mark Mulcahy- Fathering
If anyone watched The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Mulcahy was the singer/guitarist in Polaris who did all the show's music. It's along the lines of singer/songwriter stuff like Elliot Smith and Tim/Jeff Buckley, but with a ton of different influences and styles. It's one of those albums that can make you feel sad and yet optimistic at the same time with tracks like Hey Self Defeater, Hurry Please Hurry, Bill Jocko, and Ciao My Shining Star. In the case of the latter, I swear when I first got the album I thought I had accidently mixed a Jeff Buckley song into it.
So give it a listen, because it's great.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I'm not supposed to be spreading this around, but it's really cool shit and I want you guys to hear it.
So I'll leave it at....
Post hardcore, instrumental demos for a band I love that just lost their lead singer. They just got a new lead singer who sucks, but these instrumentals are fucking great and it might cancel out the fact that the new singer, who isn't Nic from gatsbys because he didn't want to your with metalcore bands, sucks.
here ya go

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
The Dear Hunter- Random Holiday Sampler #1

Casey and Serna got bored so they decided to remix Smiling Swine, The Church & The Dime, and Red Hands. They're all entirely new songs, and they're fucking fantastic. Only 200 got pressed up and they're only selling them at the Casey/Days Away/Envy On the Coast/Tony G shows on the east coast. Lucky I got a copy haha. There's also some notes from Casey saying that there's going to be some new EPs, videos, and maybe Act III along with a Casey solo album this year.
Fanboy, out!

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
fuck yeaaaaaahhhhh His Hideous Heart just put their new EP up for stream.
http://www.purevolume.com/hishideousheart

I posted a few of their songs when I started this thread and a couple of you guys liked em, they re-did a lot of them and they sound a shitload better than they even did before.
post rock/indie
Can you up their stuff again? Whatever you got. I lost it all when my old comp shitted out on me.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
Speaking of instrumental bands, you guys heard of kinski? They're from seattle, i'm thinking you guys know of them, but haven't found any posts about them, but also, they're really good.

Edit...they have subtle vocals, but still, mostly instrumental.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
^^ Never heard

And thanks for the Smashing Pumpkins EP.

Hahaha..I changed the name of the thread for you too. It's a little more fitting now.
lol good shit. I have a bunch of HHH demos that are re-recorded on the new album and maybe 2 or 3 songs that aren't on it, I'll up everything or just the ones that aren't on there if you want. I was talking to their bass player last night and he told me that they're flying out to Mass. this summer and Casey Crescenzo's producing their next album, should be sick.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Kinski rocks. I think I have seen them play about a dozen times. Usually opening for other bands I was going to see. But they put on a great show. Last time I saw them was about 3 months ago at a instore at Easy Street music,

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Pixel Death In C Minor isn't a HHH song but I have it in there, it's the guitarist and bass player making fun of a kid from fleethefactory.com (old treos/tdh fansite). It was our equivalent of Tommy James I guess lol

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
Random Album/Band/Song upload thread

Not sure how long this will last, but I've come across some cool new bands I think. So go ahead and post some good non-monumental random bands/songs/albums if you want.

Monty are I-Wall of People

http://rapidshare.com/files/76461140/MAI.rar

I think this is really good, it's different enough, and has me listening to it a lot. Of course, i'm a newb, so you guys probably might find it a bit trite.

The Butterfly Effect-Imago
http://rapidshare.com/files/4475234/The_Butterfly_Effect_-_Imago__2006__--_by_Miy.rar

Good australian band, and, I mean these foreign bands are fucking good. All the ones that i've heard so far at least. Don't let the name deter you.

Random songs...
Strata-Piece by Piece - http://www.zshare.net/audio/6664685317c514/ Pretty cool song from a now sorry band.

I have some more that i'll have to find and upload tomorrow. Anyone else have interesting stuff?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Good idea. We kind of have that going with RJ's thread up above but if this one gets going good I'll sticky.

Of course I have stuff to add to it but I'm tired as hell from work right now and don't feel like thinking about bands lol.

I'll make sure to check out the two albums you posted though, thanks.