Raider's Offseason Makeover

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
BIG DEEBO 559 said:
YEAH AND ALEX SMITH AINT NO GOOD EITHER.HE AINT NO MONTANA OR YOUNG.BROOKS COULD DO THE SAME AS SMITH IF HE WAS IN SAN FRAN.SMITH JUST WINS GAMES THS NINERS SHOULD WIN.HE AINT NOTHING SPECIAL.MAKE AN ARGUMENT ABOUT THAT.
Here's the arguement:

Smith is the youngest starting QB in the league. It's only his 2nd year. The Niners' focus on the run over the pass, which they can pull off because of how good Frank Gore is. Alex is still developing and he will continue to improve. Aaron Brooks on the other hand is a veteran QB who is on the decline. He will not get any better, he will only get worse. He makes mistakes you'd expect from a younger QB like Alex.

And by the way, nobody in the league is even close to Montana or Young except Peyton Manning.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
Here's the arguement:

Smith is the youngest starting QB in the league. It's only his 2nd year. The Niners' focus on the run over the pass, which they can pull off because of how good Frank Gore is. Alex is still developing and he will continue to improve. Aaron Brooks on the other hand is a veteran QB who is on the decline. He will not get any better, he will only get worse. He makes mistakes you'd expect from a younger QB like Alex.

And by the way, nobody in the league is even close to Montana or Young except Peyton Manning.
last year it looked like smith might be a bust but he's coming around this year. i think he's gonna be pretty good. but..... tom brady has surpassed steve young and is just about up there with montana. only reason he hasnt is montanas longevity. peyton is a statgod but other than that, going all the way back to high school has had the "choke" label. NEVER won A SINGLE big game in his life.

Apr 25, 2002
You're talking stats.. IMO Steve Young > Tom Brady. Brady won more SuperBowls but that's not what I'm talking about. Young could have easily led those New England teams to those SuperBowls and won them. I'm not even gonna get into Joe Montana..

And Peyton.. Regardless of whether he's won a big game, he is still the best QB in the league, no contest.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
im talking super bowls and supporting cast.
brady has 3 bowls with 3 different teams. are you serious? his cast is ever evolving. to say steve young is better than him is just ridiculous. maybe on the same level but brady is NO LONGER beneath steve young ANY way you look at it. look at who steve was surrounded with theres simply no comparison.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
not taking anything away from young because he is one of the greats, but brady has already surpassed him and still has 8 to 10 years left, easy. youre not a niner fan are you by any chance??

Apr 25, 2002
Yes, I'm a Niner fan. I'm also a big fan of Tom Brady because he's a local guy. I'm always rooting for the Patriots unless they're playing the Niners.. Despite what you're gonna try to say, my opinion is not biased. Young was more mobile and more accurate and I firmly believe he could have led those '3 different' Patriot teams to the Bowl, and won it. His mobility made him a much bigger threat than Tom Brady will ever be.

But I guess we'll just say Brady is better because he's won more SuperBowls. Yeah.

Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady, he's won 0 Bowls.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
id take brady or young over manning ANY DAY. like i said im not taking anything away from steve young but he came up with and around hall of famers. brady played on teams of nobodies. young was tutored by bill walsh and joe montana are you kidding me? of course its POSSIBLE he could have led those 3 teams to super bowls but BRADY DID. not only that youre still negating the fact that young played on superior teams. how many more super bowls would brady have to win to surpass young in your eyes?

Apr 25, 2002
Look man you can do this "are you kidding me" stuff on every post if you want to. I'm just judging by the way they both played. I grew up watching Young, I've watched Tom Brady throughout his career. Brady is a great QB but he did not single handedly take those Patriot teams to those SuperBowls. They may not have been big names, but they all performed very, very well. That team is well-coached and their defense was top-notch. It wasn't just Brady doing it. And if I'm not mistaken it was Drew Bledsoe that led them to that first Bowl, but Brady took over at the end of the year. Bledsoe could have handled it that year.. The only arguement you have is that Young had 'hall of famers around him' but the fact is the only Hall of Famer around him was Jerry Rice. Young got the ball to EVERYBODY and made plays with his legs, much like your boy Mike Vick does. That made him a bigger threat than Tom Brady, not to mention he's the highest rated passer in NFL history. You don't need a big named supporting cast as long as they are well coached and they go out there and perform every week. That's what Tom Brady has had along with a defense that handles business.

It's just my opinion, we're all entitled to one. You'd take Brady over Young and Manning, I'd take Young and Manning over Brady. Peyton is the best QB in the league and has been for years. He shows up to play every single game, but his team decides not to show up during playoff games. There's not a lot he can do when that type of shit happens. Despite what you may think, it's not just the QB (Brady) that wins SuperBowls, even if the names on offense are not big ones.

Jan 18, 2006
BRADY IS THE BIGGEST FLUKE TO EVER HAPPEN, THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN BOUNCED FROM THE PLAYOFFS THAT FIRST SUPERBOWL RUN AND BLEDSOE STILL HAVE BEEN QUARTERBACK THE NEXT SEASON LOL.

PAYTON MANNING IS ALL AROUND A BETTER QUARTERBACK PERIOD.

Jun 16, 2002
phil said:
are you kidding me?
You must be kidding yourself.
Brady over Young and Manning? What the fuck? Manning shits on Tom Brady. Steve Young was way better than Brady will ever be.
LOL @ this guy thinking SuperBowl wins are what makes a great QB. There's a chance Rex Grossman will win the bowl this year....... that guy is fuckin trash. He's riding his defense into the W column. You act like the QB is the only person involved in championship teams. It takes a team effort and Brady has always had good players around him whether they are big names or not.
Steve Young was in a different league than Tom Brady. Period.
And before you ask, I am not a 49er fan.