RAIDER: TOMMY KELLY ARRESTED

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
TOMMY KELLY ARRESTED
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2008, 3:08 p.m.

A media contact in Oakland has alerted us to the fact that a man named Tommy Kelly, who listed his occupation as a football player, was arrested within the past 24 hours in Alameda County, California.

The charge isn’t clear.

You can see Kelly’s name for yourself by clicking this link, and by checking the box relating to bookings within the past 24 hours. Kelly’s name appears in alphabetical order.

We’re trying to dig up more information about what specifically occurred. Allegedly.

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
TOMMY KELLY ARRESTED
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2008, 3:08 p.m.

A media contact in Oakland has alerted us to the fact that a man named Tommy Kelly, who listed his occupation as a football player, was arrested within the past 24 hours in Alameda County, California.

According to KHTK radio, the charge is DUI.

You can see Kelly’s name for yourself by clicking this link, and by checking the box relating to bookings within the past 24 hours. Kelly’s name appears in alphabetical order.

It’s the second DUI arrest in two days of an NFL player. On Monday, Falcons safety Lawyer Milloy was popped for driving drunk. Milloy blew a 0.141 after being pulled over on his way home from (where else?) a strip club.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
in that case they need to also arrest D Hall, Walker and Gallerey
100% true...Gallary can get a pass (salary wise) because he's a fucking bust, horribly so, too. Hall shouldn't have been picked up, and Walker is getting paid 99% too much; fucking pathetic piece of hot kangaroo shit.

But...there's lots of players like that in the league, ie. Nate Clements. :hurt:

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Raiders' Kelly is Arrested On Suspicion of DUI
http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/1242528.html

ALAMEDA – Raiders defensive tackle Tommy Kelly was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in the hours after the team returned from its 23-8 victory over the Chiefs in Kansas City, Mo., on Sunday.

Details of the arrest were unavailable.

Kelly, 27, had a relatively nondescript career before signing a seven-year contract worth up to $50.5 million with $18.125 million guaranteed in the offseason – a record amount for a defensive tackle at the time.
The Raiders had no comment. Players were off Tuesday and return today to prepare for Sunday's game against the Bills in Buffalo.

With the team dealing with head coach Lane Kiffin's tenuous job status, the arrest of one of its highest-paid and important players was an unwanted distraction.

According to the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse, a player convicted of an alcohol-related offense is generally fined. The maximum amount is $50,000.

If Commissioner Roger Goodell were to find "aggravating circumstances," such as felonious acts, endangering third parties or if the player has a prior alcohol or drug offense, he could increase the fine and/or suspend the player.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Raiders’ Kelly takes responsibility for arrest
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiderskelly&prov=ap&type=lgns

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP)—Oakland Raiders defensive tackle Tommy Kelly accepted responsibility for his arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence, saying he made a bad mistake.

“I just take it as lessons learned what not to do,” Kelly said Wednesday. “I doubt if it will ever happen again, you know what I’m saying. I just probably didn’t make the right decision. I just probably should have left my car where it was.”

Kelly went out drinking Sunday night after the Raiders returned from a road trip to Kansas City. He was booked at Oakland’s Glenn E. Dyer Detention Facility on Monday and later released.

“We usually have a driver but that night late when I got over there, that’s when I found out we didn’t have a driver,” he said. ” If I knew that beforehand, I probably would have got somebody to come pick me up at the house and we wouldn’t even be talking about this right now.”

Kelly acknowledged that he is under more scrutiny this season after signing a seven-year contract in the offseason that was worth up to $50.5 million and included $18.125 million in guaranteed money.

Coach Lane Kiffin sat down with Kelly on Wednesday to talk about the situation.

“He just was like, ‘you can’t take that risk,”’ Kelly said. “Don’t even do it. He understood. … It was a dumb decision on my own. If I could go back I would have probably just left my car at the hotel and came back and got it the next day.”

Depending on the outcome of the case, Kelly could face punishment from the NFL. Kiffin said the team would allow the NFL to handle the discipline.

“He feels bad for the organization and all the fans and the rest of his team,” Kiffin said. “It’s a mistake for him to learn from and it’s just a reminder of what we talk about all the time to our team about making the right decisions. Unfortunately, he didn’t make the right decision. He’ll learn from it and, hopefully, other guys won’t make the same mistake.”

Kelly’s arrest was only the latest distraction for the Raiders, who are also dealing with the speculation about Kiffin’s job security. Reports surfaced over the weekend that owner Al Davis was on the verge of firing his second-year coach and no one from the organization has told Kiffin that those are untrue.

Davis has not made a move yet and Kiffin is preparing the team for its game Sunday in Buffalo. Kiffin said he has not talked to Davis in two weeks and does not know what his status is.

But he’s happy with how his players have responded.

“It shows a lot about our group because if you had some different guys, they could take advantage of the situation, all the stuff in the media and the paper, all the reports from our front office that there’s going to be a firing yesterday and today, all that stuff,” he said. “They could take advantage of that situation. ‘We’re not listening to you. We’ve been told, according to the paper, from our front office, that you’re being fired. It’s just a matter of when.’ So, it shows a lot about our guys.”

As the team returned to practice following two days off, Kiffin did address the topic with his players, telling them to focus only on what they can control.

The players say the lesson has gotten through.

“I really don’t pay attention,” Kelly said. “That really is not my business so I worry about whoever I’m lined up in front of. Because the business between them, that’s their business. I can’t worry about that.”