"Racist is the new Bling"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 8, 2005
Stop the white guilt, self loathing, reverse racism.

**Warning you will be ridiculed and may be banned for such action on the siccness **

All comments on racism must be tempered by references to all other non-white races and how racist they are too.

White Devil, Cracka, and Honky are = to nigger.
not really, cause blacks in general are easier to offend at least by whites, then whites are by blacks.

Aug 26, 2003
Furthermore, I am not quite sure if the term "uncultured" should be thrown around only to describe white people. After all, as an Armenian you know all white people are not the same. There are plenty of white and non-white people who think St. Patricks Day is only for drinking, plenty of white people who think Cinco De Mayo is Mexican independence day, and plenty of Africans Americans who wear dreadlocks and do not even know the true meanings and beliefs of rastafarians. "Uncultured" people can be found anywhere, in America, Europe, our outside, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender.

Just wanted to say that dreadlocks aren't exclusive to blacks
. Also wearing dreadlocks doesn't carry a requirement of being knowledgeable on Rastafarian's. Yes Bob Marley sprouted the popularity of dreads in America, but not everyone with dreads is trying to look Jamaican or be Rastafarian. Therefore theres no need to know the meanings behind that religion. Its nothing more than another hairstyle for most people, unless it's part of your religion(rasta).

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
Just wanted to say that dreadlocks aren't exclusive to blacks
. Also wearing dreadlocks doesn't carry a requirement of being knowledgeable on Rastafarian's. Yes Bob Marley sprouted the popularity of dreads in America, but not everyone with dreads is trying to look Jamaican or be Rastafarian. Therefore theres no need to know the meanings behind that religion. Its nothing more than another hairstyle for most people, unless it's part of your religion(rasta).
Yeah, just look at I AM...

Feb 8, 2004
www.youtube.com
Let me preface this by saying a lot of people consider me to be white. I’m fine with this label. I am proceeding as a white person who is criticizing white people. I know, it’s really rare!

Now, why is it that "my people" always feel the need to use the "R" word for the most ridiculous reasons? Do we think that calling other people "racist" absolves us of our own secret fear and/or hate of anything non-white?

Case in point:

Monday was St. Patrick’s Day. I made a comment on the air to M2 saying "People just use St. Patrick’s Day as an excuse to drink beer". The next day, I received a two-minute voicemail from an angry Irish mother who called me a racist for saying "People just use St. Patrick’s Day as an excuse to drink beer". Now, if one of you can explain to me how exactly that is racist, I’d be happy to hear you out and admit my subconscious hatred for Irish people that I had no clue I was carrying around with me on the daily. Can you even be racist against Irish people in 2008? I mean, I get the historical bastardization of the Irish, but they were soon assimilated into the "white zone" and now receive all the benefits of being white in America. Not only that, but I didn’t say "Irish people use St. Patrick’s Day as an excuse to drink beer". I said "people". I would include all Americans in the term "people" here. The three major "drinking holidays" in the U.S. are St. Patrick’s Day, Cinco de Mayo and New Year’s Eve/Day. Please tell me I’m lying.

I was also called a racist over that New Times article where I labeled the Blunt Club scene as "white". Now, if I’m white and recognize there are a lot of white people somewhere, how exactly is that "racist"? White people were coming out of the woodworks with these allegations about how I’m a racist for seeing what is right in front of my face. Under this infrastructure, I would also be racist if I said that when I go to Food City I see a lot of Mexicans? Can we fairly say that a lot of Mexicans shop at Food City without it being an inflammatory front-page racial clusterfuck?

I’m Armenian. A lot of us are hairy and we tend to have big noses. If someone non-Armenian said this, I’d have a good look at my last family reunion portrait and be forced to agree. There’s a reason why I wax my upper lip, folks.

Now we have this giant racial mess over Barack Obama’s reverend saying "racist" things about white people. Of course, you can’t have a black guy running for president without looking for reasons to find him secretly hating the white devil. Well, I’ll say this. If I were a black male in America, I’d probably hate a lot of white people not in secrecy, but out loud. I see how uncultured white people behave around minorities and if it makes me want to slap the shit out of them, I can only imagine how they feel.

Here are some quotes from Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Jr., the head of Barack’s church:

"Who cares about what I’m going through? Who cares about what poor people have to put up with? Who cares about what a poor black man has to face every day in a country and a culture controlled by rich white people?"

"Hillary fits the mold. Europeans fit the mold. Giuliani fits the mold. Rich white men fit the mold."

"Hillary ain’t never had her own people say she wasn’t white enough!"

How exactly are these quotes "racist"? Is this not a country that is run by rich, white people? Is this not a country that reminds minorities that they don’t fit the mold and has women like Pepa and Lil’ Kim looking like aliens in an effort to do so? Has Hillary ever been told she wasn’t "white enough" by white people? [Sidenote: I have.]

White people are all up in arms about a black man speaking the truth as he sees it, from a zone that they will never comprehend because they have they luxury of not having to. So because Barack’s reverend says certain things, white people shouldn’t vote for him because he might be racist against white people and his mother is white? Help me out here, because the logic is escaping me.

In closing, I’d like to say that all of us Americans need to chill out on the racist volleyball game we’ve been playing since the beginning of time. Yes, racism exists, but please, whatever your race or ethnicity, only use the word when the situation truly deems it appropriate. We’re playing out the word "racist". It’s becoming worse than the word "bling".
Where are more like you?

Dec 2, 2004
Let me preface this by saying a lot of people consider me to be white. I’m fine with this label. I am proceeding as a white person who is criticizing white people. I know, it’s really rare!
Not that rare, I see it quite often, especially among young white people who attempt to seperate themselves from stereotypes of their own race (i.e. young white people trying to relate with other social groups/cultures).

Now, why is it that "my people" always feel the need to use the "R" word for the most ridiculous reasons? Do we think that calling other people "racist" absolves us of our own secret fear and/or hate of anything non-white?
All I see in this statement is exactly what I was talking about above, an attempt to separate yourself from stereotypes of your own race and relate with other social groups. And in your attempt you generalized negative stereotypes, of your own race. Good one. lol.

Monday was St. Patrick’s Day. I made a comment on the air to M2 saying "People just use St. Patrick’s Day as an excuse to drink beer". The next day, I received a two-minute voicemail from an angry Irish mother who called me a racist for saying "People just use St. Patrick’s Day as an excuse to drink beer". Now, if one of you can explain to me how exactly that is racist, I’d be happy to hear you out and admit my subconscious hatred for Irish people that I had no clue I was carrying around with me on the daily.
I can see the logic. Heavy drinking is a negative stereotype people have of Irish, and if you understood what the Irish immigrants went through in the industrial age you would understand. So she took what you said the wrong way, and overreacted.

Can you even be racist against Irish people in 2008?
Are you serious? You can be racist against anyone no matter what the year

rac·ism n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

The moment you make a distinction of different race or generalize characteristics of a race, in definition, this is racism. No matter what the race. (And it's not particularly always a negative generalization.) But in modern society such generalizations typically imply ignorance.

I was also called a racist over that New Times article where I labeled the Blunt Club scene as "white". Now, if I’m white and recognize there are a lot of white people somewhere, how exactly is that "racist"?
Refer above. Yes your statement was racist. The generalization doesn't have to be particularly negative. Neither does the term "racism", but it does imply ignorance.

Under this infrastructure, I would also be racist if I said that when I go to Food City I see a lot of Mexicans? Can we fairly say that a lot of Mexicans shop at Food City without it being an inflammatory front-page racial clusterfuck?
By definition, yes that would be a racist statement, it makes a distinction that a race has certain characteristics. Although I don't see it as a negative generalization, it's a generalization nonetheless.

I was going to pick apart and analyze your entire post but I don't have time right now :) So I decided to stop here, maybe later.

Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
I have to respond because it's Karlie posting. What the fuck is up?!

I think the first mistake people make is to be apologetic. I say offensive shit all day long and I don't apologize for any of it. Karlie by taking that woman seriously you're giving power to her. People are so god damn sensitive and if some shit's true, I have the right to say it..

By taking an apologetic stance you're giving something more weight than it should have..

Sep 28, 2002
Not that rare, I see it quite often, especially among young white people who attempt to seperate themselves from stereotypes of their own race (i.e. young white people trying to relate with other social groups/cultures).

All I see in this statement is exactly what I was talking about above, an attempt to separate yourself from stereotypes of your own race and relate with other social groups. And in your attempt you generalized negative stereotypes, of your own race. Good one. lol.

I can see the logic. Heavy drinking is a negative stereotype people have of Irish, and if you understood what the Irish immigrants went through in the industrial age you would understand. So she took what you said the wrong way, and overreacted.

Are you serious? You can be racist against anyone no matter what the year

rac·ism n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

The moment you make a distinction of different race or generalize characteristics of a race, in definition, this is racism. No matter what the race. (And it's not particularly always a negative generalization.) But in modern society such generalizations typically imply ignorance.

Refer above. Yes your statement was racist. The generalization doesn't have to be particularly negative. Neither does the term "racism", but it does imply ignorance.

By definition, yes that would be a racist statement, it makes a distinction that a race has certain characteristics. Although I don't see it as a negative generalization, it's a generalization nonetheless.

I was going to pick apart and analyze your entire post but I don't have time right now :) So I decided to stop here, maybe later.

................OWNED........................