R.I.P. Luther Vandross...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.soullyric.com
Another falling hero gone...I got plenty of Pussy fucking wit Luther
songs...One of the greatest vocalist of all times is now resting...
He'll never be forgotten...Rap is cool but the R&B brought plenty
of Child support checks in...R.I.P Luther.

Apr 25, 2002
i did'nt know it was that bad if thats whut happened.

they say if you survive a stroke that increases your chances of dieing the next time it happens.

my uncle 1 time and he died.

bless the dead...

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
WHEN THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN?????? DAMN HE WASNT EVEN THAT OLD, HE WAS IN HIS FORTIES RIGHT?? MAYBE EARLY 50'S, BUT DAMN.....IM ONLY 20 BUT I CAN STILL REMEMBER HIS MUSIC WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE WAS TIGHT, STILL TO THIS DAY....R.I.P TO LUTHER

Aug 7, 2002
hol up who told u he's dead? i juz realized no news aint sayin nothin bout luther vandross not even bet or mtv or his website...someone musta told u this or somthn cuz if he was dead he woulda been all ova da news especailly entertainment news...this is the last news from mtv... and it was on april 29th

Two weeks after suffering a stroke, R&B singer Luther Vandross has yet to regain consciousness and was forced to undergo a tracheotomy last week after contracting pneumonia.

The singer remains in critical condition and has shown no signs of consciousness since he was found in his New York apartment several hours after the April 16 stroke (see "Luther Vandross Suffers Stroke").

"The doctors report that neurologically he is minimally responsive," according to a statement released Monday by Vandross' business manager, Carmen Romano. "We're waiting for him to regain full consciousness. I am told this may take some time."

Spokesperson Lois Najarian stressed that doctors do not consider Vandross' condition to be a coma because he has shown some signs of responsiveness, though he has not yet been able to speak or move about. "He is expected to make a full recovery with a long road of rehabilitation ahead of him," Najarian said.

Romano said Vandross contracted pneumonia last week and as a result underwent a tracheotomy, a procedure in which a hole is made in the windpipe and a tube is inserted to aid breathing. "The tracheotomy was performed in a manner in which his vocal cords were not affected or damaged," Romano said.

Some of Vandross' peers have offered words of encouragement for the ailing singer. Alicia Keys wrote that if Vandross could hear her, she’d tell him, "This is Alicia. Please, take your time. Don't rush. You will get better, but it's gonna take time. My mom, Jeff, Angie and all your labelmates are praying for you and playing your music everywhere. In the car. In the crib. Have you heard us? You are loved!"

Singer Deborah Cox also released a statement, in which she wrote, "It is hard to put into words the depth of this tragedy. Luther is not only an innovative, accomplished musician and entertainer, but an incredibly warm and funny individual. He always found his way to my dressing room at shows to chat about all kinds of things and to lend support and encouragement as a mentor. ... I have been diligently praying for his recovery."

Vandross remains in the intensive care unit at the Weill Cornell Medical College in New York and is still listed in critical but stable condition, according to a hospital spokesperson.

J Records still expects to release the singer's new album, Dance With My Father, on June 10. The album features contributions from Beyoncé Knowles, Busta Rhymes, Stevie Wonder, Foxy Brown and Queen Latifah, and Najarian said the label is considering reaching out to some of the record's guests to help promote the release.

—Gil Kaufman

Aug 15, 2002
i grew up on his shit ridin in my mommas car while she was knockin it. i still know the words to some of them songs. in my opinion he was the best singer of all time. thats really a shame. i feel for his family

dboss

Sicc OG
May 30, 2002
Singer Vandross Breathing on His Own
1 hour, 3 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Luther Vandross (news), who had a tube inserted in his throat to help him breathe after a stroke, is breathing on his own, his publicist said Thursday.

However, the Grammy-winning singer remains in intensive care and has not regained consciousness since the April 16 stroke, publicist Lois Najarian said.

"There's been no radical change is his condition," she told The Associated Press.

The 52-year-old singer, whose hits include "Here and Now" and "Superstar," has been in critical condition at Weill-Cornell Medical College since suffering the stroke at his Manhattan home.

He underwent a tracheotomy and had a tube inserted in his throat to assist his breathing, in part because he had contracted pneumonia.

However, Najarian said Vandross' mother told her Thursday that Vandross was now breathing again on his own.

Najarian said doctors remain hopeful the singer will regain consciousness

Apr 25, 2002
www.soullyric.com
I just heard he wasn't dead...Which is cool, a radio station in Los Angeles said on the air aweek ago he was dead, I should have got my facts straight beforeI post, but If you can't believe the top radio in L.A. then who can you. Thank god, my pussy was getting
fucked off.