Quinton Jackson vs. Keith Jardine UFC 96

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
How much fights does Rampage have left on his UFC contract? I mean hes making over 250k a fight why not get a tune up fight on one of Rashads stablemate. It has all the possibilities of mega fight between the both of them....

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I think he only has 1 or 2 left, I read somewhere that it makes sense for the UFC to give him another fight or two before giving him another shot so they can get a new contract in place before/if he wins the belt again.

May 10, 2002
After watching the Rampage vs Forrest Griffin fight again, I'm going to say Rampage got robbed.

Forrest was pushing forward most of the time but Rampage was landing the harder shots

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach
After watching the Rampage vs Forrest Griffin fight again, I'm going to say Rampage got robbed.

Forrest was pushing forward most of the time but Rampage was landing the harder shots
YOUR CRAZY!!! RAMPAGE GOT OUTWORKED!!!
I HAVE THAT FIGHT ON MY DVR!!!
THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE FIGHT FORREST WAS PUNCH'N' & KICC'N'!!!
YEAH RAMPAGE THREW HARDER BUT 10 FAST PUNCHES > 1 POWER PUNCH

May 10, 2002
YOUR CRAZY!!! RAMPAGE GOT OUTWORKED!!!
I HAVE THAT FIGHT ON MY DVR!!!
THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE FIGHT FORREST WAS PUNCH'N' & KICC'N'!!!
YEAH RAMPAGE THREW HARDER BUT 10 FAST PUNCHES > 1 POWER PUNCH
#1 Fuck your DVR :eyecross:

#2 After the second round, Forrest didn't have much success with those leg kicks. He was throwin them, but they weren't doing anything. He had Rampage in the triangle but I'm willing to bet Rampage baited him into that so that he could slam his ass.

#3 When Rampage threw, he threw and landed SOLID shots. Forrest's shots weren't as solid to me.

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach
#4 FUCC WHAT YOU THINK ARE SOLID SHOTS!!!

HE THREW WHAT.... 8 SOLID SHOTS THAT WHOLE FIGHT???
WHILE FORREST THROUGH ABOUT 100 PUNCHES AND KICCS!!!

SORRY PEETE!!!
BUT RAMPAGE GOT BEAT UP, MOUNTED, & ALMOST SUBMITTED!!!

FORREST ONLY GOT DROPPED ONCE AND THAT DIDN'T EVEN REALLY FAZE HIM!!!

HEY, I WAS GO'N' FOR RAMPAGE TOO!!!

May 10, 2002
I guess crips can't count

I'm impartial. I just want to see a good fight. Hindsight being 20/20 and all tells me that Rampage got robbed.

Forrest was the busier fighter, yes, but Rampage landed harder shots. Forrest did not beat Rampage CONVINCINGLY in my opinion. Maybe I'll see the fight again and change my mind, but I don't see what forest did outside of winning the 2nd round. He had a big cut above his right eye (I think) and that didn't come from that 1st round uppercut.

If you want to say the rest of the fight was a toss up (Rampage winning the 1st and Griffin the 2nd), I got to give it to Rampage for landing the cleaner shots. Forrest was rocked on his feet more than twice after the 2nd round.

*shrugs*

lenbiasyayo

Rest In Peace
Jun 24, 2008
I guess crips can't count

I'm impartial. I just want to see a good fight. Hindsight being 20/20 and all tells me that Rampage got robbed.

Forrest was the busier fighter, yes, but Rampage landed harder shots. Forrest did not beat Rampage CONVINCINGLY in my opinion. Maybe I'll see the fight again and change my mind, but I don't see what forest did outside of winning the 2nd round. He had a big cut above his right eye (I think) and that didn't come from that 1st round uppercut.

If you want to say the rest of the fight was a toss up (Rampage winning the 1st and Griffin the 2nd), I got to give it to Rampage for landing the cleaner shots. Forrest was rocked on his feet more than twice after the 2nd round.

*shrugs*
i disagree i thought forst won 3 rounds and rampage won 2. but i see u 2 guys gettin intense

Jan 10, 2008
It was a close fight regardless and if you let the fight go to decision this stuff can happen. Rampage had 5 rounds to take out griffin and he didnt. Dont get me wrong i like rampage and think he is the better fighter but he lost that fight.

Dec 9, 2005
It was a close fight regardless and if you let the fight go to decision this stuff can happen. Rampage had 5 rounds to take out griffin and he didnt. Dont get me wrong i like rampage and think he is the better fighter but he lost that fight.
Actually, I see it as the other way around.

Forrest was the challenger. He had 5 rounds to take out Rampage.

IMO, you have to convincingly beat the Champ in order to take his throne.

Rampage all in all did more damage, I even posted it in here after the fight, using MMA's version of Compubox.

I wouldn't say it was a robbery, but I didn't think that Rampage was beaten convincingly enough to lose his title. He landed much harder, cleaner, and effective blows.

I had him winning rounds 1,3,and 4 pretty clearly. 5 was a tossup for either guy, but I would probably give it to Forrest.

Jan 18, 2006
Fuck yeah Rampage was fucked outta the title. Call it what you want screw job, robbery, or inside job Rampage should still be the champ.

Jan 10, 2008
What if Jardine somehow wins this although highly unlikely he does have a decent chance and if he does i think he would deserve a title shot against the winner of Rashad vs Machid/Silva. Both him and Rashad have stated they wont fight each other.

Jan 4, 2005
Rampage said he wanted another fight before he went up for the title. On another note i think the UFC is trying to wait for all Rampages legal issues to die down before he gets the title shot.

I would like to see Forrest and Rampage to go at it again, i think rampage would come out and try to kill forrest this time. Forrest is a big 205 pounder though and has been in many battles before. Forrest is out for a year last i heard though.

Jan 2, 2004
Didn't Evans say he wouldn't be ready in time to fight for the card, and Rampage wanted to fight, so they threw this fight together. I think i still wouldn't be surprised if Rampage is the next to challenge Evans.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Well it's actually confirmed that if Machida wins he has the next shot. So we're going to have to see after the next card. I think Rampage beats Rashad but I'm not so sure if he beats Machida, I see that one as being a repeat of the Forrest fight but Machida actually winning decisevely