Quinton Jackson vs. Keith Jardine UFC 96

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
That's an odd matchup. So are they saying if Rampage wins, he gets a title shot?

What if Jardine wins? He's Evans' teammate and I thought I read somewhere that Greg Jackson said that they would never fight each other.

It's almost like Jardine is the sacrificial lamb for that team.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Win vs. Forrest Griffin TKO (Punches) 12/30/2006
Loss vs. Houston Alexander TKO (Tiger Upercut) 5/26/2007
Win vs. Chuck Liddell Decision (Split) 9/22/2007
Loss vs. Wanderlei Silva KO (Rape Choke) 5/24/2008
Win vs. Brandon Vera Decision (Split) 10/18/2008
??? vs. Rampage Jackson 3/7/2009

You know what that means, Rampage by something brutal. Dumb fight, I guess Dana feels bad for Lyoto and wants to get him the shot first.

Jan 10, 2008
Man ever since Rampage KOed Wandy it seems like he doesnt want it with Rashad for some reason. He keeps saying he wants forrest but on the other hand he himself said he knows he won the fight so who cares why not go get your title now. I am sure page isnt scared of Rashad i remember he did this with chuck sayin he wanted another fight before he faced him but it is alittle interesting maybe he doesnt think he is ready for Rashad at this point. It feels like Page made dana give him a easy fight instead of Rashad and i dont know why he is a better fighter.

Jan 10, 2008
On the other hand i wouldnt mind seeing Rampage give Jardine a brand new shiny set of rocket shoes. There is something very special about Jardine getting KTFO.

May 10, 2002
Sucks for Rashad that his first ever MMA loss will cost him the championship ... whenever it happens.

I haven't seen all of Rampage's fights. For those who have, have you ever seen him rocked by a single punch (not a combo)? In the fights that I've seen, I've never seen that happen to him. I just remember knees in the first two Wandy fights.

Not sure what Jardine will have to offer Rampage. It'll be another scouting report for Rashad Evans though, lol

Jan 10, 2008
I think Randleman wobbled him with a punch back in the day but Rampage def has a great chin. I just get the feeling Page doesnt feel hes ready for Rashad right now but i dont know why I think he is a better fighter. Makes me think Dude really isnt all there.

Dec 30, 2003
he got stuffed by wanderlei silva before the knees.... a huuuge right hand caught him on the chin... but he didnt drop... it just brought on the knees....

Jan 18, 2006
this is bullshit, Rampage got screwed out the title and is getting screwed out a title shot it seems. FUCK DANA WHITE

Dec 9, 2005
^ He'll get his shot. I just think it was a lose-lose situation having one of your most marketable fighter in Rampage, fighting for a title against your homegrown undefeated newly crowned light heavyweight King, Rashad.

One of these guys was going to lose, and it would be a tough blow for either. If Rampage lost, people would question whether he was still the same fighter, and if Rashad lost, its homegrown champion loses in his first title defense.

I think its beneficial for Rashad to at least get a few tries to defend first, and at least have somewhat of a stay as the King. Plus, another Rampage victory would get him back up to that status where people will feel like he earned another title shot, rather than getting one on the strength of his name and reputation.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
I like jardine he always comes to fight, but his chin is a little suspect and if rampage gets a clean blow it will be lights out. Jardine still had a chance, greg jackson always comes up with great fight plans.

Jan 10, 2008
Thats probably true i am sure part of the reason dana didnt make the Rashad vs Rampage fight was he didnt want the title switching hands in every fight. The light heavyweight division being so deep i dont see anybody holding the title for more than a fight or 2.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
SHIT LYOTO DESERVES A SHOT TOO. HE HAS A FIVE WIN STREAK IN THE UFC. SENT TITO ON HIS WAY OUT OF THE UFC WITH A LOSS AND BEATING SOKUDOJU SOLIDLY NOT TOO MENTION OTHERS. I DONT SEE THE LHW BELT BEING IN ANY ONES HANDS FOR TOO LONG WITH THE WAY IT'S STACKED. SHOULD BE FUN TO WATCH RAMPAGE KNOCK OUT JARDINE.