Quicksilver & The Scarlet Witch Confirmed For 'The Avengers 2'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 22, 2012

So, remember just over a week ago when Joss Whedon not-so-subtly teased that his script for "The Avengers 2" script contained, "two of my favorite characters from the comic book, a brother/sister act"? While he didn't come right out and say it, speculation centered on Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch -- sibling twin superheroes -- that thanks to complicated rights issues, are able to be used by both Marvel and 20th Century Fox. And it looks like the guesswork was spot on.

EW has done some digging and their sources confirm that both characters will appear in "The Avengers 2," but when the question was put to honcho Kevin Feige, he played it cucumber cool. “I’m not confirming or denying. The draft could change six months from now,” he said. And indeed, we're still three long years out from the super sequel hitting theaters, so who knows what will change in the Marvel-verse by then, and what characters will come in or out. Remember, early drafts of "The Avengers" also contained Wasp only to be replaced by Black Widow. So yeah, anything can happen.

In other Marvel news, while Robert Downey Jr.'s contract is up, he's negotiating to return for the next 'Avengers,' but without spoiling anything, the end of "Iron Man 3" presents a couple of unique developments that will need to be figured out for Tony Stark to suit back up. But neither Feige or RDJ are worried about it. “What does this mean if we wind up doing an 'Avengers 2'?" the actor recalls asking the Marvel head after reading the script for IM3. "Kevin looked at me and said, ‘That’s Joss’ problem to solve.’ I was like, ‘Good man.’”
Quicksilver & The Scarlet Witch Confirmed For 'The Avengers 2' (For Now) | The Playlist