quick question bout DSP's

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 21, 2004
nost recording and sound editing programs let you import plugins or point your plugins folder to a common source so that you can use all plugins installed on your comp if thas what you mean.....

for instance i can use Sony effect plugins on Sonar and Cool Edit and Fruity Loops although none of them came wit the plugins.....

therefore if you have access to all your plugins on one program i dont see why you cant use multiple brands and types of plugins along with each other.....as long as you got plenty of RAM you should be fine.....i do it all the time......

Jan 21, 2004
and at very worst you could always add effects with one plugin them mix down the file to a wav then reload it and use another.....not sure how good it would sound though......

Apr 25, 2002
Anyone program supporting VST plugins can use any VST plugin. Any program supporting DirectX plugins can use any DirectX plugin. Some plugins require proprietary hardware/software to run (see your manual for details).

Apr 27, 2003
www.mymproductions.com
thanks

thanks for the feedback yall for real, but maybe i didnt state me question properly, ok i have a DSP Card in my Computer, its came with its own software plug-ins, but the reason that i bought the card was to take the load off my cpu, becuse this dsp card handles just plugins. and it comes with its OWN plugins that i can use in Sonar.. cuz thats what i use to record. BUT what i was asking was can i use third party plug ins (ex. WAVES bundles) with this card?? cuz i have all my songs with a gang of WAVES plug ins in use and that shit eats up cpu power like a mugg, but with this new card it dont help out any, only when i use the plug ins that CAME with it. so what, i can only use THEIR plugins?? or can i use other companys plug ins with THEIR card?? thats my question, sorry for any confusion yall, and i really do appriciate the feed back. thx again. :beard:

Apr 27, 2003
www.mymproductions.com
HERESY said:
READ THIS FOR INFO:

http://www.cakewalk.com/forum/tm.asp?m=365497

WAVES=NATIVE
UAD 1=DSP

these are different formats just like vst and direct x are different from each other.

So to answer your question? No not that I know of but guess what? I can use the UAD-1 in pro tools (with a wrapper).
:) :) :)
well yea u can use UAD in any recording program, anyone that supports the various plug in formats, i think u mean u can use em without the dsp card installed... but what i ment was if i could utillize the DSP card ITself with wave plugins... and that s a big N O...:( man i wish i did reasearch on this UAD 1, i really dont like the sound... to me its too like old school analog, i know this aint the right forum but, im trying to sell it for 390 its brand new... i paid 429, thats with tax... im thinking bout coppin that TC electronics power core one....a big thk u to everyone that gave feedback... peace.