quick photoshop question for someone who mite know

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 21, 2007
Why is it that when i select the inside of a box with my magic wand tool it selects ONLY the inside of the box... but when i do that with my photoshop at home, it selects the WHOLE image, not just the inside of the box? they are both photoshop 7.0

Oct 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
LMAO @ threexkrzy & cheeto

maby its because your tolerance is set diffrent? maby you on the wrong layer when you do it? maby your wtf is it called umh, the 4 icons next to the tolerance.. try some of this

Nov 21, 2007
LOL.. ok, i should have explained it better....

with my photoshop at work, i can click the inside of this dudes head and be able to color him without coloring the background too..

but with my photoshop at home... if i click the inside of his head with the magicwand tool, it selects the WHOLE image, instead of JUST his head..

^like this..

so my question, how do i make the magic wand tool select the inner part of an outlined image instead of it selecting the entire image itself.. thanks :classic:

Jun 4, 2004
Make sure all of your lines are closed, if you have even a 1 pixel gap the wand will select everything. If you can get illustrator it is better for coloring in line art, cartoons, etc.

I use both Photoshop and Illustrator.

May 17, 2005
this is the option you want to play with, i made a screenshot cause i dont know what the fuck it is in english. if the mark is there, the thing at your work happens (default) if not you get your home power.

Jun 4, 2004
English translation is Contiguous

that means when it is checked it will only select up to the border (your black lines) within your tolerance, when un-checked it will select everything within that color range (selection + tolerance) in the entire image.