Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 14, 2002
Aight heres the deal, ive been playing with diffrent mixing programs on my computer for a while now but im definatly still a beginner, and im starting to get more into it. I wanted to know some program suggestions besides Cubase, im not even trying to fuck around with that shit yet. I got cool edit pro 2.0 and fruity loops 3.56 already. which of those should i use? personally i like cool edit better but what do you guys think? What other programs are out there that i should get?

Apr 25, 2002
Software is no different than hardware. You just need to try it out and see if it works for you. You gotta realize that a lot of what software does behind-the-scenes is the same. It's the same math. It's the same process. The real differences are in the user-interface.

Questions like this are kinda like when people say "should I buy a triton or a motif?" There isn't a right answer. It all depends on your preference.

One last thing... Software won't make your work tight. That comes from experience. Just in case you (or anyone) thinks if they get certain software, it will work miracles for them.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
you should learn three types of software:

MIDI SEQUENCER/ARRANGER (cubase)

LOOPER (acid)

MASTERING APPLICATION (sound forge)

those are the main TYPES of audio applications (besides plug ins, restoration and notation software). the programs in parenthesis are examples ONLY.

if you know cool edit pro some of that will transfer over to logic or cakewalk or pro tools. as sick wid it stated its the user interface thats different.

im against mastering at home. i believe mastering should be left to a mastering engineer, but if you have a program that is used for mastering why not try it? its worth a shot right? that way you can pick up on things if you decide to take it to a M.H.

:H: