Question : Who in the Bay is really still E A T I N ???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

jotti

Sicc OG
Aug 20, 2005
someone prove me wrong, but I highly doubt any bay artist at the moment is gettin major paper anymore... thats just my guess, anyonebeg to differ on this? im asking because im trying to see who really has a working formula in this bay area music thing since the "hype" has passed... i know a whole lot of folks who tried to roll dice on the bay and side ventures hopin it would blow nationally but since that hasn't happened, i've seen way too many startups tank (indie clothing lines, new artists, etc etc) what is really left here.

Jan 30, 2007
how can a new artist tank when they havent gone major and flopped?
you cant blame the bay for not being in the mainstream, you gotta blame the higher powers that be that aint looking over here cause they making pretty pennies with stupid rap/dance music like soulja boy and shit

Nov 20, 2005
i have no food at my house except for top ramen and rice, but my mom lives near by so i'm steal eatin...

~k.

JT BIGGA FIGGA

110% Independant
Nov 16, 2006
WWW.JTGETLOW.COM
MY YOUNG STUDENT G BUNDLE

cleared his first $50,000 over 4 months now thats MANDATORY BUSINESS
$12,000 of that in the last month selling ad space in magazine and compilation spots.

so yeah im proud of the homie for changing his life around and now its paying off even if he never gets a song on the radio or some label signing him he living off the rap game just like alot of yall doing.

just saying you can eat of rap wit out having to rap.

Mar 4, 2006
MY YOUNG STUDENT G BUNDLE

cleared his first $50,000 over 4 months now thats MANDATORY BUSINESS
$12,000 of that in the last month selling ad space in magazine and compilation spots.

so yeah im proud of the homie for changing his life around and now its paying off even if he never gets a song on the radio or some label signing him he living off the rap game just like alot of yall doing.

just saying you can eat of rap wit out having to rap.
point well taken

Feb 13, 2004
THERE'S HELLA CATS OUT HERE EATING. STRAIGHT UNDERGROUND HUSTLIN. PLUS ALOT OF RAPPERS OUT HERE HAVE OTHER HUSTLES. SO THEY EATING GOOD OUT HERE BELIEVE IT. I CAN NAME A GUY THAT'S DOING PRETTY WELL INDEPENDENT AND THAT'S ASSASSIN.

Mar 2, 2006
Classic sign of a Hater... hahaha

Supasoak u hoes....
call me a hater too kuhs dat song GO..... wit tha rest of tha diarrhea i flushed down tha toilet..!

das all it takes nowadays.. make up a dance and spit tha instructions on a beat and the the Powers that be will gobble dat shit up.. spit it out on tha mainstream and eat off of it..!

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
if thats all it takes.. then y yall aint on??? E-40 tried with that "let me see ya go" and soon after people realized it was wack... his cd pancaked....

Uneducated Retard's will tell you 40's eaten/ and his album did well. "Tell me when to go" not let me see ya go, was all over radio and clubs, and then he was all over snap ya fingaz. Plus 40 own some fast food chains... He's eaten

Nov 21, 2005
www.revver.com
I just had a Taco and im in the bay! LOL

But yeah rappers be hustling out here.. in fact they probably make more selling out the truck...

cause i mean.. they make 5-10 per CD.. and on a major label.. they pay what 30 cents per CD sold? you gotta sell hella record to make any money...

and slanging CDs yourself... online and on the street.. you sell 2,000 in a month.. for 5 bones.. = 10,000 a month... how many jobs pay that?
Plus a lot of rappers I know make money from ads on their sites etc....
Like JT said.... you can make money without rapping in the rap game..