QUESTION FOR NO LIMIT COLLECTORS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 25, 2005
I know its preferable to have the US releases, but when I was young I had no idea about these things. I live in Canada and some stuff I bought in stores or pawn shops is the canadian press which is distributed by virgin, but still says priority/no limit on it. The barcodes are not the same as the US ones. How important is it you to have only US prints in your no limit collection? Im debating on rebuying the ones I already have that are canadian press. Some stuff I just dont feel like dishing out the dough for...like the down south hustlers bouncin and swingin pack haha. My canadian press of ice cream man also has the removed ghetto wont change on it (i know i can get the US press cheap but every dollar counts these days you know? haha)

Jan 6, 2003
Why do you bother about what other collectors prefer? It's your collection right, and if you don't mind having the other releases then your collection isn't any less worth to you than strictly US-edition collections.

But to your question, I prefer in general to have the US releases of any US CD, or more correctly the version released in the same country as the rapper. But if there is major price difference or availability issues I don't mind having a non-US version as long as the track list is the same. In the end it's the music that is most important.

What is special about the US no limit releases is that they had these special colored cases, like ghetto D, big ed, silkk, c-murder etc. the European versions had the regular transparent jewel cases. A very good argument for hunting down the US versions.

In the end I'd say buy the canadian versions for cheap just to get the music first. then hunt down the US versions and get them when you come by them for cheap, one by one...

May 25, 2005
^^ I feel what youre saying..and to answer your question its really to see if others feel how I do, it just kinda bothers me seeing some canadian presses mixed in with my other no limit cds. Some of the stuff with the colored cases came out here, ghetto d, the game is to be sold, life or death, charge it 2 da game...but the ones like big ed and am i my brothers keeper didnt have the colored trays, just the black ones. Its funny too, I have both US and canadian version of the I got the Hook Up soundtrack and the canadian one has the same type of case, but its black instead of green.

Apr 25, 2006
I feel the same way about the BMG releases, which were purchased thru those buy 10 cd's for a penny deals. I found out I had a lot of classic stuff on BMG that arent that hard to find like, ready to die, e40's in a major way, few other I cant think of off top but I feel like you do, it sux for me knowing I have a different version than the OG, but I try not to go out of my way to find and pay a lot for the OG's but if I find them cheap than it's a done deal.