Question bout a fuckin tv!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
Aight this is a question for any of you electronic savy fucks on here. So I had an old ass Admiral tv from 89 in my room and it finally died on me. The screen went black and a neon green light went across the screen in a line. So I throw the bitch away and bought a new one. I'm a broke fuck and can't afford a flat screen or lcd tv so before you guys make a smart ass comment keep that in mind. So I buy this fuckin tv for 150$, it hasn't been three months since i purchased this bitch and now when I turn it on The screen turns a bright ass green with a black bar on the bottom and then turns off in 5 seconds. Sometimes it'll turn on and be watchable but kinda fuzzy and static-like but it'll turn off again. The piece of shit is pretty much dead and My dumb cheap ass didn't buy the warranty. Does anyone know what it could be and if it's fixable. Does it matter if I have a Big ass speaker close to the tv?

Jan 5, 2006
well the speaker has a magnet, that could be the reason maybe. If not it could be a number of thangs.. you gotta get a voltage meter and see where on the logic board in the tv there is no current flow. Then mostlikely that part needs to be replaced. I have 2 things in mind if it isnt the magnet in that speaker next to it, either one of the transistors OR the power supply is going bad, the transistor could cost you no more than 20 bucks, but a power supply will be more.. i think theyre like 200 or more.

Aug 9, 2006
yeah the big ass speaker will fuck the color up but from what ive seen it usually goes back to normal.....sometimes it takes longer if its really fucked up but if its turning off on you i think its all bad...im not that electronic savy as you say but thats just what i think bud

Aug 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
Right on yall I'ma Take this bitch to a tv repair man fuck it. i just wanted to make sure its fixable so i wont take it to a tv repair man and have him charge me to tell me he can't fix it, ya dig.

Aug 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
hahaha blood tell me why its the cheapest one I could find that wasn't hella small. Plus I don't have that much room and my previous tv was the same size. Just habit I guess The trip about this tv though was that it has a button that says analog' or digital and i can watch certain digital cable channels when i press the button and I don't even have digital cable. I have the basic cable without the box but i get random channel;s at random times like hbo cinimax and even paperview

Nov 1, 2004
VSTXDJ said:
Aight this is a question for any of you electronic savy fucks on here. So I had an old ass Admiral tv from 89 in my room and it finally died on me. The screen went black and a neon green light went across the screen in a line. So I throw the bitch away and bought a new one. I'm a broke fuck and can't afford a flat screen or lcd tv so before you guys make a smart ass comment keep that in mind. So I buy this fuckin tv for 150$, it hasn't been three months since i purchased this bitch and now when I turn it on The screen turns a bright ass green with a black bar on the bottom and then turns off in 5 seconds. Sometimes it'll turn on and be watchable but kinda fuzzy and static-like but it'll turn off again. The piece of shit is pretty much dead and My dumb cheap ass didn't buy the warranty. Does anyone know what it could be and if it's fixable. Does it matter if I have a Big ass speaker close to the tv?
theres always a (limited) manufactures warranty, call them up. It says right on the page 1 year parts warranty and 90day labor... you dont have to pay extra for that.

Nov 1, 2004
VSTXDJ said:
The trip about this tv though was that it has a button that says analog' or digital and i can watch certain digital cable channels when i press the button and I don't even have digital cable. I have the basic cable without the box but i get random channel;s at random times like hbo cinimax and even paperview
lol what? how often? that doesnt sound right... but im gonna talk to a few people and see if i can find that tv... not for no 199 though.

Oct 19, 2002
VSTXDJ said:
hahaha blood tell me why its the cheapest one I could find that wasn't hella small. Plus I don't have that much room and my previous tv was the same size. Just habit I guess The trip about this tv though was that it has a button that says analog' or digital and i can watch certain digital cable channels when i press the button and I don't even have digital cable. I have the basic cable without the box but i get random channel;s at random times like hbo cinimax and even paperview
the cable company done sent a signal through the wires and blew your shit up hahaha

Jan 5, 2006
VSTXDJ said:
That's what my homie told me. hahaha
shit aint likely to happen, if you got your shit recently installed.... you should have rg-6 quad shield.. thats the hi-grade stuff, other than that you got rg-6u, or rg-59.. haha thats the old shit from like TCI cable days.

Aug 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
The Visualizer said:
What exactly are you watching when you turn the tv on? Do you have a cable box any other external device connected?
naw man its just a wire coming out the wall and into my tv. its weird cus i didn't trip off of it until i would randomly flip to channels and there were newer movies playing without commercials and uncencored