Question about Mafia'a album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CODE

Sicc OG
Oct 20, 2002
first off...I'm lovin it...next, I've had "2 People" on steady repeat for about 48 hours now, It's one of my favorye SLR smacks to date..but I was listen to M dash's new mixtape, and he has a knock with the exact same beat.....who produced that beat on Mafia's alnum...and was it sampled from somthin?

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Thanks for the love as always.

I produced the track.....but Mafia came up with the concept. It's sampled from an old Minnie Ripperton song that was featured on the Jackie Brown movie soundtrack.....I can't think of the name of it right now.

But yeah.....I guess Freeway used part of the same sample too. That may be where the beat you're talkin' about came from? It's funny how several different cats will use the same sample all around the same time. I actually made that shit like 2 years ago though.

I'm still convinced that there is somebody out there tapping into my brainwaves while I sleep and stealin' my ideas. I had made a beat out of that Stevie Wonder "Past Time Paradise" sample that they used for Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise" about 6 months before that shit came out. I could go on and on......