Question about expectations...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
When you purchase an album and you're about to play it, do you go in expecting that you're going to have to skip a couple of tracks because you won't feel em or do you expect to be able to listen to the whole album?

May 2, 2002
Good question, Ive never really thought about that

Its not something Id like to think about when getting a album nor wouldnt really like to think that because it would probally lessen the chances of me picking it up

How come u ask this question? Im kinda curious, do you think a album is gonna be weak when u pick one up?

May 10, 2002

I just like to ask different kinds of questions to kinda throw the board off sometimes. I'm also interested in what the responses are gonna be. Psychology kinda plays a part in music whether people know it or not. I've always been interested the consumer's mindset. But that's just me.

As far as when I buy an album... I'm pretty selective nowadays so when I buy something it's normally somebody that I'm pretty confident in. But when I take that occassional risk and buy some shit that I wouldn't normally buy, I go into it expecting a tight overall effort. If I didn't, I wouldn't have even bought the album.

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
To be totally honest, I never like 100% of an album (no matter who it is: my favorite artist or someone new to me) just 'cause I'm picky. So in that sense, I always know I'll have to skip songs when I put a new cd in.

To me the latest Nas album is one of the best albums in the past year, but I still always skip:
"Smokin'"
"Rule""2nd Childhood"
"What Goes Around"

I knew going in that I wouldn't like every song, regardless of how dope Nas is. I don't think anyone has put out a 100% listenable album in many moons.

Good topic Peete.

Gone,
Doxx

M

MrFreeze

ya i always have to skip a couple tracks no matter how tight the album is.

May 17, 2002
Smokin on Nas is the shit, but on the point, I know that Cd's nowadays are not going to be 100% tight, the old school shit is though I think. Too Shorts Cd's are the best. Uncle Sams Curse by Above the Law has no flaws. Man theres a lot.

Ive been dissapointed lately on some artist that have the bank and talent to put out some good ass shit and dont.