Question about Alpha Dog

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2004
I seen the previews for this movie last night it comes out next friday I believe. So i go online and look for a soundtrack listing on amazon.com and it only has 3 songs by Tech N9ne listed. My question is wasnt there supposed to be more than 3 songs from him on the soundtrack? I dont remember what interview he did right before Everready but he said how many tracks they did for the movie. Does anyone know?

Sep 17, 2003
Justin Timberlake was on Leno last night. Damn good interview, and they showed a a clip of Alpha Dog. Leno was praising the film, saying it was much better than he anticipated.

Anyhow, about the soundtrack. I never once got the impression that the soundtack itself was supposed to be littered with Tech N9ne tracks. Sounds like to me that they helped with the score, but then they decided to bring in someone else to do work on it, and maybe some of the stuff from the score got cut. But the score is different from the soundtrack.

What soundtrack is out there that has like half the tracks by one artist? (I'm sure there are a few that I don't know about.) That would be okay for fans of that artist, but for everyone else, they would be hating it. I think three songs is a great plenty for a soundtrack, and anything more would be overkill. Just my 2 cents..... :classic:

Nov 9, 2003
ms_nina2004 said:
I seen the previews for this movie last night it comes out next friday I believe. So i go online and look for a soundtrack listing on amazon.com and it only has 3 songs by Tech N9ne listed. My question is wasnt there supposed to be more than 3 songs from him on the soundtrack? I dont remember what interview he did right before Everready but he said how many tracks they did for the movie. Does anyone know?

I see that on thier site is 4 but La La Land is a short track
05. Caribou Lou performed by Tech N9ne
07. Slither performed by Tech N9ne
12. LA LA Land performed by Tech N9ne feat. Gina Cassavetes
22. Night and Day performed by Tech N9ne

Sep 12, 2005
tech said that he worked really hard on the soundtrack and hes going to leave the movie theartre and call the guy that was suppose to give him a score in the movie i swear i heard it on an interview.

Jan 12, 2003
Tech worked on the score, I saw the movie last night and it has 7 songs from the Strange music family. 5 of Tech's and 1 Snug and S, and 1 from Rob, they are in the movies, they play the original from Night and Day and another at the end where the credits r rollin, so dont get your ass up watch some of the credits, and he didnt work on the Soundtrack, the people wanted more, but it was to late to add, Cd already out and shows to perform. Worked to score the film, had nothing to do with Soundtrack

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
4everreign said:
Tech worked on the score, I saw the movie last night and it has 7 songs from the Strange music family. 5 of Tech's and 1 Snug and S, and 1 from Rob, they are in the movies, they play the original from Night and Day and another at the end where the credits r rollin, so dont get your ass up watch some of the credits, and he didnt work on the Soundtrack, the people wanted more, but it was to late to add, Cd already out and shows to perform. Worked to score the film, had nothing to do with Soundtrack
Much appreciation for clearing things up.

Feb 4, 2006
Im still confused myself, help me out cause I can be pretty slow sometimes.
So Tech did not work on the soundtrack but has 4 songs on it, and did work on the score but only has 7 or 0 on the movie. Whats the difference between score and soundtrack?

Nov 14, 2003
kfascole said:
Im still confused myself, help me out cause I can be pretty slow sometimes.
So Tech did not work on the soundtrack but has 4 songs on it, and did work on the score but only has 7 or 0 on the movie. Whats the difference between score and soundtrack?
the score is the small clips of songs you hear at different points in the movie (background music, stuff like that). the soundtrack is what you can actually buy in stores that has full versions of songs from the movie (may or may not be all of them, all depends on how many songs they use in the movie.)

and strange music has 7 songs you will actually hear at some point during the movie in theaters, 5 of which are tech's

Nov 6, 2005
Twiztidmn said:
the score is the small clips of songs you hear at different points in the movie (background music, stuff like that). the soundtrack is what you can actually buy in stores that has full versions of songs from the movie (may or may not be all of them, all depends on how many songs they use in the movie.)

and strange music has 7 songs you will actually hear at some point during the movie in theaters, 5 of which are tech's
Great Clarification, Thanks Twiztid

Swick

Sicc OG
Aug 20, 2002
www.2elevens.com
soulwinnerrj said:
I haven't even heard of most of the other artists on this. :ermm:
Eva Cassidy was a singer from Rockville, Md. She sang mostly standards or remade songs like Fields of Gold into new arrangments. alot of acoustic stuff.

She had a beautiful voice but died in 1996 when she was around 33 of melanoma.

this version of Over the Rainbow went to #1 in the UK in 2001.

She also did a hook for E-40 and was rumored to have recorded with 2Pac for a track that didnt make All Eyez On Me.

Feb 4, 2006
Twiztidmn said:

Thxs

I'd say this is large for Strange.