QUESTION 4 TECHNICAL GENIUSES

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
I AM VERY WORRIED
I OWN AN XBOX 360
THE SCANS OF THE OFFICIAL UK PLAYSTIATION MAGAZINE WITH A GTA4 EXCLUSIVE HIT THE INTERNET YESTERDAY (I CAN POST DETAILS OF IT IF YOU WANT)
BUT THATS NOT THE ISSUE
THE PROBLEM IS IN THE ARTICLE I LEARNED THAT WHILE PLAYSTATIN3 GAMES ARE ON BLU RAY DISCS, XBOX 360 GAMES ARE ON REGULAR DVDS
DOES THIS MEAN THAT MOST GAMES [INCLUDING MY FAVOURITE GTA] WILL BE BIGGER AND HAVE MORE FEATURES ON PS3 BEACUSE THE DISCS ARE BIGGER
OR DOES IT NOT MAKE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE?
PLEASE ANSWER ME TECHNICAL GENIUSES AS I AM VERY WORRIED

SORRY FOR ALLOWING MY DRUNKENNESS TO SHIINE THROUGH IN MY SPELLING.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
why does it take a technical genius to know that blu-rays hold more? you even said it yourself

Apr 25, 2002
i wouldn't stress it, if anything they might add more language tracks etc like they did with resistance. there still hasn't been a game to fully utilize the capacity of blu ray yet.

Jan 2, 2004
The PS Mag is trying to hype up there advantages to there version of the game since they don't have the episodic content or anything like that.

The truth is, Blu-Ray streams slower, so it could actually end up hurting it in a game like GTA, causing larger draw distances.. Adding that to the fact that it has less RAM, which won't help that at all either.

It will fit nicely on a 8 GB disk. They may have some extra songs on the blu-ray disk, but I doubt it. GBs worth of songs in a video game to fill up the extra space doesn't seem like a real option, if anything they may compress them a little more on 360.

Nov 16, 2006
blue ray asds more pixels than your normal dvd and more memory

theres better picture and bigger map........... and more action that you can do and take.

while xbox offers perfect HD but who cares blue ray offers that too.

but, PS3 games cost 70 360 cost around 60

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
REDRUM559 said:
blue ray asds more pixels than your normal dvd and more memory

theres better picture and bigger map........... and more action that you can do and take.

while xbox offers perfect HD but who cares blue ray offers that too.

but, PS3 games cost 70 360 cost around 60
The disks simply have a larger capacity that isn't utilized. So " adding more pixels and more memory " is nonsense. The map is going to be the same on both platforms. And as far as better picture, 360 games hold there own in graphics.

May 10, 2002
Blu Ray isn't so much used for additional "stuff" for the actual games; It was Sony's way of trying to give the consumer an 'All In One' entertainment system assuming that Blu Ray would become industry standard with regards to HD Movie viewing.