Punk Ass Police... Again... SMH

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

cb90

Sicc OG
Oct 7, 2007
Off-Duty Officer Fatally Shoots Unarmed Marine
Man Shot 6 Times Outside Baltimore Nightclub

BALTIMORE --
City police officials continued to investigate Monday after an off-duty police officer fatally shot an unarmed Marine outside a nightclub early Saturday.

According to Baltimore City police, Tyrone Brown -- a 32-year-old Marine who has served two tours of duty in Iraq -- was shot at 13 times at close range, with six shots hitting him. He died a short time later.

The incident happened outside a nightclub in Mount Vernon.

Baltimore police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the officer, identified as 36-year-old Gahji Tshamba, shot Brown after Brown made advances toward a woman who was with the officer.

"After the advances, the officer and the individual exchanged words," Gugliemi said. "There was an argument, and the altercation turned physical. At that point, the officer pulled out his service weapon and fired multiple shots at our victim."

Brown's sister said she was there when her brother was shot. She said they were out at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday when they approached a group of people -- including the off-duty officer -- leaving Eden's Lounge.

"There was absolutely no physical contact," said La-Belle Scott, Brown's sister. "The supposed officer was not in any harm whatsoever. He (Brown) had his hands up to show he didn't have no weapons or anything."

Scott said her brother tried to diffuse the situation.

"My brother tried to approach him, saying, 'Calm down, calm down. All this is uncalled for.' And, the next thing you know, several shots rang out. It was maybe eight or nine shots that rang out, and then, all I know is my brother is telling me, 'I'm shot,'" Scott said.

Brown's family said they're having a hard time understanding the whole situation, saying Brown wasn't a violent man.

"It's just crazy that he would have to shoot 13 times at an unarmed man," Scott said. "He was a loving, caring person. (He) always looked out for everybody. He loved his kids. His family came first."

Brown is survived by a wife and two children.

"Tyrone was the love of my life. I don't know how else to put it," said Brown's wife, Loren. "We just (have to) take it one step at a time, one day at a time and just put it in God's hands. That's all I can do."

As they gather to support each other, the family said they have one wish for the future.

"I just hope justice will be served because my brother was supposed to walk me down the aisle next month. I'm getting married on July 24, and he would've walked me down the aisle and he's not here," Scott said.

The state's attorney's office will review the evidence and decide whether to file charges, which also is customary, he said.

Police said they are investigating whether alcohol was a factor. The officer declined to take an alcohol breath test.

Guglielmi said Tshamba, a 15-year-veteran, shot a man in the foot after a confrontation while off duty in 2005. The shooting was found to be justified, but Tshamba was disciplined because he was under the influence of alcohol.

Police Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III has ordered his senior commanders to oversee the investigation.

Officers typically carry their service weapons while off-duty in Baltimore, but Guglielmi said they should not be carrying their guns if they intend to become intoxicated.

Guarantee that motherfucka gon get off scott free...

Mar 16, 2005
I will bet he doesnt get off scott free, because he shot a militrry serviceman. Cop was off duty and refused to take a breathalyzer, non of which look good, and once witness are interviewed military officals and lawyers will take this one full force and a local pd cant handle that so they will be forced to press charges.

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
I will bet he doesnt get off scott free, because he shot a militrry serviceman. Cop was off duty and refused to take a breathalyzer, non of which look good, and once witness are interviewed military officals and lawyers will take this one full force and a local pd cant handle that so they will be forced to press charges.
That

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
what a bitch.

but then again who knows, that marine could have been high headed about is bravery trying to get at the unders broad.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Whatever happened to that cop that shot Oscar Grant? Last I heard they moved the case out of Oakland so he could get a "fair trial".

Oct 5, 2006
So this fool got drunk b4 n shot somebody? He does it again N this time kills dude! He better get thrown in the pen for this one! There he will get what he deserves. What's fucked up is this dude did 2 tours in iraq N makes it home from that warzone then comes home N gets murked by a punk ass cop who don't have enough game to keep his lady, n can't handle his drank! Sad world.

Jun 21, 2005
The cop took it personal that's why he shot 13 times. Plus, he was intoxicated, which increases his trigger-happy level. If he was really just trying to stop the man, he would have shot up in the air a couple of times.