Psych Ward, J-Dub, Nutty North, Spun

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 5, 2005
Going to the Tech show tomorrow night in Cleveland, was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about theses artists as they are apparently opening for Tech. According to my tickets Kutt Calhoun is supposed to be opening, but these others are listed on the venues web site. Just looking for any information or opinions of those acts you guys may have. Also, any idea how long I should expect the show to last? Longer is always better but with 4/5 opening acts, plus Tech's set which I am hoping will be at least two hours(too optimistic?), it sounds like it'll be close to 4 hours.

Jun 19, 2005
When he performed in Minneapolis, doors opened at 6:30 and it was over by 10 I think? tech's set was a goot 1.5hrs long if i remember correctly. Potluck was good too as an opener

Nov 14, 2003
zeus9800 said:
Going to the Tech show tomorrow night in Cleveland, was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about theses artists as they are apparently opening for Tech. According to my tickets Kutt Calhoun is supposed to be opening, but these others are listed on the venues web site. Just looking for any information or opinions of those acts you guys may have. Also, any idea how long I should expect the show to last? Longer is always better but with 4/5 opening acts, plus Tech's set which I am hoping will be at least two hours(too optimistic?), it sounds like it'll be close to 4 hours.
dont know if Kutt is actually opening the show for tech. the minneapolis show had the same thing, the flyers/ticketmaster said Kutt Calhoun, but he didnt have his own set, just the set with tech and kaliko

Jun 5, 2005
Found a website for Psych Ward, and it appears they are somehow assosciated with Psychopathic, which explains why they wouldn't be popular around here, but doesn't necessarily mean they are bad. However, they had an mp3 on their site and they are bad. Very, very bad. I fully expect them to get booed offstage.

Jun 13, 2004
www.myspace.com
the members of Psych ward are afffiliated with Peabody's. That is why they get open for shows all the time. I think they know they suck shit, and they enjoy getting booed of stage, but they dont care cuz they get to do what they want. they are garbage....actually worse than garbage.

Jun 5, 2005
OK, Here's all the info on this show if anybody cares. The doors opened at 7. At approximately 7:45 we began being bombarded with lame music. It was apparently amateur night at Peabody's. Out of the four I asked about, none were worth mentioning. In addition there was about 20 other groups, mostly local I think, there. The only one that was good was this Prophet guy and the dude he was with, Deuce Dirty. Psych Ward is definately terrible. They did provide the highlight of the night, however. The smallest of the three(the one who probably weighs less than 350 pounds) went to stage dive and the crowd moved and the guy landed on the floor. It was something out of a movie. Anyway, despite near riot conditions they kept sending these stupid groups onstage. Tech did not hit the stage until 12:15 am. That's not even the day the show was supposed to be on. He did what I felt was a short set and the show was over by 1:20am.

I'm not sure if this is a normal thing at Peabody's or what, but I think it's ridiculous. If they were going to have all those groups they should advertise it that way somehow. Some people have to have babysitters they need to make arrangements with, and who would expect it to be that long? And not everybody lives right there in town. Some of us have a long drive to make afterwards(like myself). I am going to call them and bitch them out today. I just can't believe that. I hope Tech finds a new venue in Cleveland because I won't be attending any more shows at that venue.

On a completely unrelated note, John Cena has a show there later in the month. If they have all of these garbage groups before him, they just might be able to make it look like he has talent.

Jun 13, 2004
www.myspace.com
zeus9800 said:
I'm not sure if this is a normal thing at Peabody's or what, but I think it's ridiculous.
it is normal for peabodys to have 10 hours of shitty music. That is the reason why my friends and i skipped the show last nite. We hate driving 2 hours, sitting through 4 hours of crap and just an hour of tech, then driving another 2 hours home. that place sucks so bad now. We were gonna leave here later and get there at 10 or 11, but we still felt it was a waste of time....we've seen tech, and we are seein him in 2 weeks anyway. hopefully he hits pittsburgh or something sometime soon.

Jan 2, 2004
zeus9800 said:
Anyway, despite near riot conditions they kept sending these stupid groups onstage. Tech did not hit the stage until 12:15 am. That's not even the day the show was supposed to be on. He did what I felt was a short set and the show was over by 1:20am.
Close to the same shit happened at the Hayloft. Psych Ward was there, or as we call them, Fat Kids With Stupid Haircuts. And, they sent group after group of shitty acts. Tech started at about 12:05 - 12:10, and he was done by 1:10. The Tech shit was awesome, as was Critical Bill, but the doors opened at 6, and Tech didn't play until midnight, which was pretty annoying.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
Slither said:
I've NEVER heard of a Tech show ending by 10... lol...

All that depends on the local curfew. If the curfew for kids isn't til 1 AM you can believe that the show will run to 1 AM. Mineapolis is different because, I believe they double book the Quest. I know everytime we've been there someone was having another show right after us. 2 times ago it was Blackalicious. So we had to be finished and out of there by 11.

Nov 14, 2003
techn9nehq said:
All that depends on the local curfew. If the curfew for kids isn't til 1 AM you can believe that the show will run to 1 AM. Mineapolis is different because, I believe they double book the Quest. I know everytime we've been there someone was having another show right after us. 2 times ago it was Blackalicious. So we had to be finished and out of there by 11.
minneapolis has a 11 PM curfew for people 15 and under, midnight for 16-17. and yes, the quest does double book their shit all the time. the last show here wasnt another concert or anything, it was one of the radio stations dance night at the quest.

Jul 13, 2004
Peabody's is the worst, i hate going there, not cleveland, just peabody's. yes psych ward is sumthin horrible, with a hook that goes "smoke crack and worship satan" i have no idea why they still open for tech. now them themselves as dudes are coo, but their music needs to stop, along with everyone else who opened. most of those guys we meet opening up are coo ass dudes, but when they hit that stage and get booed off. u just wanna wish u never met them. when u get booed off take that as a sign to stop and dont quit yer day job, and if that is yer day job. go apply at burger king, pizza hut, or sumwhere. FUCK I HATE OPENERS! except zug,critical bill, and potluck

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
TH3N3W STRANG3R said:
Peabody's is the worst, i hate going there, not cleveland, just peabody's. yes psych ward is sumthin horrible, with a hook that goes "smoke crack and worship satan" i have no idea why they still open for tech. now them themselves as dudes are coo, but their music needs to stop, along with everyone else who opened. most of those guys we meet opening up are coo ass dudes, but when they hit that stage and get booed off. u just wanna wish u never met them. when u get booed off take that as a sign to stop and dont quit yer day job, and if that is yer day job. go apply at burger king, pizza hut, or sumwhere. FUCK I HATE OPENERS! except zug,critical bill, and potluck

Peabody's was dope on tour, they hooked us up with a lot of liqour for the bus if i remember. It was so nice to sit at the bar and watch the chiefs/rams preseason game while drinking our meal money away while the opening acts were getting booed off stage. I remember the very first act got on stage and challenged the crowd to come up on stage and do better than him. Bottles went a flying. I went up on stage to film our part of the show and must have kicked 15-20 bottles and cups off stage. They book some horrible opening acts there, but it's a fun atmosphere. Especially with how packed they get that place. The merch area was a bit rude though.

Jul 13, 2004
fuck crack and fuck satan.... and nick that was back when the indian dude worked there. believe me peabodys is not fun anymore, they've decided to stop throwing bottles now too. instead they've replaced it with fresh fish. dont ask how they got it in or why they did, but left over from a bad opener was a dead fish on stage. that was the only fun part of night. when everyone was out the door and steve,corey, craig and i threw it around at eachother. u come to peabody's next time nick. then maybe it'll be fun. besides we all miss u :mad:

Jun 5, 2005
No, they're still throwing bottles, at least they were the other night. Unfortunately they were plastic, but they were definately throwing them.

And no signs of any fish...