ps2 back-up

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

RevoL

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
who be burnin their games...i got like 200 games for dreamcast, but now i'm tryin to figure out the ps2...it seems like a bitch with no mod, thinkin bout gettin a mod chip...anyone recomend one, tried the external one? with a mod chip do you still have to do a swap trick? anyone got some sites wit some shit that would be usefull?

M

mr2productionz

it's not really worth it unless ure a high roller. some folks destroy 2-3 ps2's befre they actually get a chip to work. the best one out right now takes like 20-something wires to sauder and the plug-in still requires opening and saudering. opening the ps2 is the hardest part, cause errthang is hella delicate and easily fucks up. putting errthang back is a bitch too. i wouldn't recomend it homie...it's a 200+ dolla loss otherwise.

May 23, 2002
^^^ I beg to differ...i installed my own modchip...only had to solder 1 wire...and i still have to do the swap trick with a game shark...i paid a total of $100 for the mod chip/game shark/shipping and i've gotten over 40 games copied...at about $5 each...i'd say i've gotten more than my money's worth...there are a few places that sell the PS2 and Xbox with the chips inside already, they're a little steap, but it sure beats fucking up your own system...