Props To The Grant Pacers State Champs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 30, 2008
Even though i never went there got to give it up for Grant beatin up on long Beach Poly the high school known for puttin out the most NFL players in the nation and home to Snoop and Warren G etc. Grant put Sac on the map cuzz it waz the first state championship in Sac for football, So to let y'all know that MACCRAMENTO got some muthafuccin talent not only on the mic but on the field too.

Apr 25, 2002
People been knowing Sacramento can play football for quite some time now. Anybody who follows the Pac-10 especially. Oregon has done extremely well recruiting that area, and back in the good old days, so did Washington. Guys like Jeremiah Pharms come to mind.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
Yeah Grant smacked the shit outta Poly... them Sac boys were out hittin' them Long Beach boys.

DLS did put Norcal on the HS football map... however Grant is a homegrown public school whereas DLS is a private school that can get talent from all over the Bay Area. DLS also lost the State D-1 Championship game to Centennial. It's a trip that LB Poly's School population is 5,000 students while Grant is just over 2,100 students.

Dec 29, 2004
Yeah Grant smacked the shit outta Poly... them Sac boys were out hittin' them Long Beach boys.

DLS did put Norcal on the HS football map... however Grant is a homegrown public school whereas DLS is a private school that can get talent from all over the Bay Area. DLS also lost the State D-1 Championship game to Centennial. It's a trip that LB Poly's School population is 5,000 students while Grant is just over 2,100 students.
Grant barely won that game tho...It came down to the very end...Also, Centennial Corona is going to end up the #1 team in California...

Grant's win over LB Poly gave NorCal it's second State Championship win out of 11 games...

Good job tho for Grant! Almost everyone was skeptical of Grant getting the open bowl invite over De La Salle, it turned out to be a good pick...

Cardinal Newman of Santa Rosa got that ass handed to them!

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
Grant dictated the tempo of the game... had Grant had a reliable kicker... the game could've and should've easily been over in the 1st qtr... as Grant felt they had to go for it on 4th down.. rather than kick FG's... Grant also got robbed on that boo boo PI call when #10 picked it off....

As far as the North wins vs. South wins... The Southern Section and Socal schools are traditionally bigger in population than the North schools. As I mentioned... Poly has 5,000 students while Grant has 2100(I think it may even be less.) The talent pools are much deeper out in Southern Cali due to having more students. Heck, the school my kids go to is a Division 1 school, and has a population of 1700!

Aug 9, 2006
more kids and bigger schools=better programs....

great HS footballs programs turn physically gifted athletes into stars......the same gifted athlete could fail miserably at other schools because they dont got the money and time to put into thier football teams....thats why good teams stay good and bad teams usally stay bad

I WENT TO FOOTHILL HIGH IN SAC AND I PLAYED 2 YRS VARSITY AND SAC GOT THE BEST COMPETITON IN CALIFORNIA PERIOD!!!! I GRADUATED IN 01' THAT WAS WHEN VALLEY HI HAD A TIGHT ASS QB AND THEY HAD MASANI TUPOI THAT WENT TO PLAY FOR WASHINGTON, THAT SCHOOL FROM STOCKTON BEAT I THINK ELK GROVE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP THAT YEAR. BUT GRANT HAS ALWAYS HAD A SQUAD PARIS WARREN WHO WENT TO UTAH WENT THERE TO HEs FROM STRAWBERRY MANORS...I PLAYED FOR DOS PALOS HIGH AND IF U FROM THE CENTRAL VALLEY THEN U KNOW THATS ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOL IN FOOTBALL FROM THAT AREA WE WON THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP IN 98 WHEN I WAS IN 10TH GRADE