props to kobe phil and the lakers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
Now people can stop hatin on Phil. Congrats to the Lakers.

Kobe still can't touch Jordan tho. I had to get that in.
This is true. I don't care if kobe gets more rings than Jordan, he still is not as good as Jordan once was. Michael Jordan is still at the very top.

Jan 12, 2006
This is true. I don't care if kobe gets more rings than Jordan, he still is not as good as Jordan once was. Michael Jordan is still at the very top.
You sound hella bitter making gay comments like that. And lol @ it now being "even if kobes gets more rings he wont be better" when just a few seasons ago it was more like "kobe will never have 6 rings"

Feb 14, 2004
^You're a waste of time. You're probably the only one on planet earth that thinks otherwise from what I stated. You're so gay for Kobe, it's not even funny.

Mar 18, 2003
LOL @ everyone constantly bringing Jordan into the conversation, and by doing so, revealing how closely you really believe the players to be to one another.

Mar 24, 2006
nope...i've just further proven the fact that the rest of the country besides Laker fans know already.

Jordan will ALWAYS be over Bryant nomatter what happens. and it just kills you guys that deep down inside you know it too but don't wanna admit tha shit only because he is a Laker.

Kobe has needed a dominant big man to win all his championships. And we all know Jackson loves having a big man down low to run that triangle offense to perfection like he does.

How is it that Kobe has 1 less ring then jordan, but 4 less finals mvps? Kobe is good though, i can admit that but like i said he just isn't on Jordan's level....accept that and move on.

Mar 18, 2003
nope...i've just further proven the fact that the rest of the country besides Laker fans know already.
But I said nothing about who was better.

Jordan will ALWAYS be over Bryant nomatter what happens. and it just kills you guys that deep down inside you know it too but don't wanna admit tha shit only because he is a Laker.
1. Saying Jordan will always be over Kobe "no matter what" is proof that much of your opinion is based on who you WANT to be better.

2. I don't know who "you guys" are, but I'm of the opinion that Jordan is legendary, the greatest basketball player EVER. It doesn't bother me one bit. They are from 2 different era's of basketball seperated by a decade. If Jordan came into the league in 1996 and was dominating right now, holding the Lakers back from winning titles, then it might bother me.

Kobe has needed a dominant big man to win all his championships. And we all know Jackson loves having a big man down low to run that triangle offense to perfection like he does.
Every player in the history of the NBA has needed another good/great player to win a title. Jordan NEEDED Pippen. This means absolutely nothing.

How is it that Kobe has 1 less ring then jordan, but 4 less finals mvps? Kobe is good though, i can admit that but like i said he just isn't on Jordan's level....accept that and move on.
Finals MVP's? Are you joking? How about regular season MVP's (5) and the DPOY that Jordan won? Those are true cornerstones to his career.

Apr 25, 2002
Finals MVP = Popularity Contest....I think some one else should have got it.

Jordan also needed his team to pull off those Championship runs...

He was drafted in 1984.....didnt win first title until 90-91' Season...

So the Bulls from 84' until that 90-91' Season were BUILDING a TEAM in which they would become a contender to WIN a championship. Cause they had Jordan since 84', and using the logic I have seen on here, they should have won EVERY championship since 1984 since AIR JORDAN is doing shit all by himself....

Granted Jordan is ONE of the greats, if not the GREATEST. I look at it like this though, Jordan played in another time era of the NBA. He played when one could really play freely....These players who play the game today, wouldnt have been able to play in the 80's and early 90's. Hard fouls, and VERY PHYSICAL play....So for that time Magic, Jordan, Barkley, Drexler, Olujuwon, etc.... were the ones. In this era its Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc....

Jul 5, 2009
It's a good debate. To me, neither of MJ's or Kobe's supporting casts get enough credit for what they've done. Pippen never gets enough love and he saved the Bulls from many a defeat and Derrick Fisher probably hit more big shots in the playoffs than Kobe throughout their careers. The list could go on from both sides.