Proofs killing called justified.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 18, 2004
Prosecutor Says Proof's Slaying Was Justified

05.30.2006 7:35 PM EDT

She says bouncer who shot Detroit rapper was acting in cousin's defense.
D12's Proof

A Detroit-area prosecutor said Tuesday (May 30) that the bouncer who shot and killed Proof on April 11 acted in his cousin's defense and will not face murder charges.

Mario Etheridge had been charged with weapons violations three days after
the nightclub shootout, at which time Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy was still considering murder charges, noting that the investigation "was far from over" (see "Proof Shooting Suspect Charged — But Not With Murder").

In a press conference Tuesday, Worthy said the evidence clearly shows that Etheridge acted in lawful defense of his 35-year-old cousin, Keith Bender, the man allegedly shot by Proof (see "Man Allegedly Shot By D12's Proof Dies").

Etheridge, though, will still have to face the weapons charges and is due back in court Friday.

Worthy told reporters that Etheridge — a bouncer at CCC, an after-hours club on Detroit's Eight Mile Road — shot twice at the ceiling in an attempt to stop Proof before turning the gun at the rapper (see "D12's Proof Shot And Killed At Detroit Club").

Etheridge's lawyer, Randall Upshaw, has maintained that his client took a gun from someone during the attack, but Worthy said witnesses saw Etheridge with two guns on him. If convicted of carrying a concealed weapon and discharging a firearm in a public place, Etheridge faces up to nine years in prison.

From MTV.com

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
THASS CRAZY... ITS HARD TO SAY WHAT RIGHT N WHATS WRONG... I WISH PROOF DIDNT DIE, BUT AT THE SAME TIME, THEY SAY IT WAS IN PROPER SELF DEFENSE... DAMN... R.I.P PROOF...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
If it's self-defense, and it REALLY is self-defense, then good. If he didn't just blast on Proof for no reason then it's really whatever. I've read a lot of shit sayin Proof started it, and as much as I hate to say it, he should have thought about it before...he might still be alive.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Id like to say people gotta stop killing rappers, but you can't justify Proof's actions just because he's famous. Either way...I wasn't there.

C

CCCUser925

i dont give a fuck...if im strapped and some mothafucka popped one of my folkz in front of me..you best believe me im poppin tha fool in his dome..

proof fucked up...he started the shit and he got dealt wit...

it is what it is...

May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
saladbowlking said:
FU GOT DELT WIF REEL PROPA LIKE!

its about time the court systems can fuckin keep it real FA REAL much props to who laid down that fuckin judgement we need more of this shit goin down i mean real fa real justice not sayin niggaz need to be gettin killed but when an eye for an eye situation goes down a man shouldn't be punished overly jus becuz of THE LAW.

J-BOEG SHOULD READ THIS!

on tha real this shit right here is knowledge and need to be publicized more and learned from law enforcement!

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
all I hear/read is accounts of what happened....so my judgement is just an opinion....they say the bouncer fired warning shots...they also say proof not only pistol whipped the bouncer's cousin, but also shot him in the face...proof got smoked while he stood over the guy he just shot....

you don't hear about shit like this happening with boy bands....