Producin' rap beats ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
www.geocities.com
:cheeky: I've been producing Uk hardcore music for bout 2 years nearly now, thought I might try my hand at some rap beats .. but i dunno where to start

what are the bases of a beat in hip hop / rap?

like hardcore is played at 160-180bpm, is based on 4 steps ..a 4/4 bass drum, Rhythm, bass line and melody.

what kind of instruments would i want too start of with,..how many bars would u normally use for a loop? what bpm is the standard? can u use breakbeat ? what format are songs usually based on? etc...

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
yeah its not too hard to make a basic rap beat, most my shit is 85-100 bpm with 4 and 8 bar melodies slapped together with some drums

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
"what kind of instruments would i want too start of with,..how many bars would u normally use for a loop? what bpm is the standard? can u use breakbeat ? what format are songs usually based on? etc..."

have you tried just slowing down one of your uk hardcore songs to fit a suitable bpm for hip hop, then re-doing the drums. breakbeats might work nicely